iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colonoscopy

Started by Magicman, July 24, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thank You Brent.  Yours and similar stories are the reason for this topic.  I have watched some of my relatives die from this dreadful disease and their death might have been averted if it had been diagnosed in time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Brent what an ordeal, your here and alive .Carry on! 
So true what you say get one done sooner.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Don P

That's good incentive, I'm several years overdue.
I can say, the door swings both ways, the only reason I can get insurance is ACA. Our screwed up health care system is the real problem.

petefrom bearswamp

Just re read this thread and I am concerned.
Saw my gastro guy a few weeks ago.
Prescribed a cologuard which I just did last week.
Waiting for results to determine if a colonoscopy is needed.
I have had several in the past and have diverticulitis and had one non cancerous polyp removed last time in 2017.
quite a lot of dark stool lately.
Also suffer from IBS
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

nativewolf

Quote from: Don P on September 06, 2020, 10:32:36 PM
That's good incentive, I'm several years overdue.
I can say, the door swings both ways, the only reason I can get insurance is ACA. Our screwed up health care system is the real problem.
Dadgum, go get that scheduled!  ACA is also the only way I can get healthcare.  Indeed our system is the worst in the developed world. 
Liking Walnut

Ed_K

It p's me off that we have to pay for a phone call now  >:(. With my cancer their doing this to me constantly.
Ed K

Magicman

My colonoscopy consultation appointment is next Wednesday.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

As usual, we expect pictures! :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) :) :) :) :D :D :D ;)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

doc henderson

that is good MM.  :) i went back and read prev. replies and did not realize this was such a serious thread.  my apologies.  hope everyone is doing Ok!  best of luck @Magicman 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Banjo picker

its not too bad the worst thing is the Dang needle to knock you out.  Man I hate those.  After three eye surgery's in the last year you would think I would be over it, but no I aint.  I remember saying to the lady that knocked me out....man that stuff burns like fire....she smugly said "It wont hurt long."  and she was right then I woke up.  Took out a couple of polyps, or I might not be here by now....I'll be 65 in March and I should probably get another one.  Lynns post, got me to take the first one.  My dr. couldn't get me to.  Tim   
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Old saw fixer

I have been on a 10 year schedule since my first colonoscopy.  As far as I am concerned the prep is worse than the procedure...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

doc henderson

a fair number of "older folks"  wind up in the ED with nausea, vomiting diarrhea and dehydration, all from the prep.  we try to fix them up so they can still get the scope done, otherwise they will have to go thugh it again.  most of them swear they will never do it again!  remember old is defined as anyone older than me! :)  

muggs

I agree with the prep being the worse part. I did the prep then took a walk. The walk turned into a run going back to the house. I didn't know I could run so fast. What was I thinking ::)

doc henderson

there are several kinds of runs, my wife runs marathons.  which kind did you have?   8) 8) :o :o :D

sawguy21

Because of my age my doc wants me to have a FIT test (don't remember what that stands for) every two years which is easy to check for signs of cancer, if it comes back positive they go in with the camera. I am a bit overdue but the clinic is not doing tests due to the pandemic so it's hurry up and wait. A good friend had benign polyps removed, a miserable procedure. She was told they probably would become malignant if left untreated. This is nothing to fool with or ignore.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

trapper

I got a letter I am due this year.  3 year since last one
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Stephen1

Mine turned out well. 
3 polyps taken out again. 2 sent for biopsy. The new surgon believes I can wait 7 years for the next one.
8)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Magicman

Thanks for the (favorable) update.

Chuck White

I'm scheduled for an appointment with the "G"man on the 30th, we'll set up an appt for the procedure at that time!

New Dr in town, the Dr for my previous procedures retired about 2 years ago!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RichTired

I will have both an Endoscopy and a Colonoscopy on Monday September 21. This will be my 3rd colonoscopy, but the first time I was prescribed a split dose of the prep (PEG 3350, Sodium Cloride, Sodium Bicarbonate and Potassium Chloride for oral solution - with Lemon Flavor)  ::)
2 liters between 6pm - 8pm Sunday night and then the last 2 liters between 4am - 6am Monday morning. I have to be at the facility at 9am for the scheduled procedures.
Not sure I like this split dose method, but the nurse stated it gives the doctor a clearer view of the intestines and any polyps. I have had a few polyps removed during previous procedures so I guess this is for the best. One day every three or five years to prevent or catch anything in an early stage is not so bad.
But I sure will be glad come Tuesday morning...  :)
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Texas Ranger

Add lemon aid powder to the mix, more palatable.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

RichTired

Well all the fun is over! Not Tuesday, but everything is A-OK.  Doc told me to come back in five years. 
8)
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stephen1

Thank You Sponsors!