iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hyd.bale mover for log deck

Started by 47sawdust, October 27, 2019, 06:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I saw a past post where an older piece of bale moving equipment was used as a log deck for firewood.It resembled a hydraulic green chain on a smaller scale.
I can't remember what it was called.It would have been most well suited for flat farm land.
Any help in jogging my memory would be appreciated.
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

hedgerow

Mick
Google up Hesston stack mover and you will see what you are looking for. Back in the 70's and 80's around here hay and stalks were put up in loafs and these chain driven hauler's were used to move them. Lots of different brands. I have thought about using one for a log deck in past. Craig's list in my area always has a few for sale. The smaller ones were two chain and they made bigger ones also. 

47sawdust

Hedgerow,
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for,just didn't know the name.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Bandmill Bandit

They came in various colors/brands and I think Heston was the first.

It was called the Stack Mover and I think there was 3 different sizes.

John Deere did a contract with Heston for the system and produced smaller systems that were known as the 100 model and the 200 model. I have a couple of a friends in the fire wood business that made infeed decks from the 100 stack movers that work extremely well. I am on the hunt for one myself.

Tryed to get a couple of pics but didn't work. Google will send you to some good vids.    
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

1countryboy

Go to tractorhouse.com
Haymaking equipment
Hesston stackmovers
2 listed 1200 to 1700 dollars.
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

Corley5

There was one at an auction up here a year ago.  I didn't go.  It brought $135.00.  Scrap guy bought it.  I should have gone.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

hedgerow

Quote from: Corley5 on October 28, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
There was one at an auction up here a year ago.  I didn't go.  It brought $135.00.  Scrap guy bought it.  I should have gone.
Most of the time the Hesston 10 or the JD 100 which is the same model and is the smaller of the stack movers with two arms and two chains chain be bought around here for $500 or less. Years ago before we had round balers I staked a lot of hay and milo stocks in the fall with a Hesston 10. 

47sawdust

A good Hesston 30 Stak Mover sold at auction yesterday for $185.00 I did not make the purchase as it was in Kearney Nebraska and the trucking to Vermont was $2400.00.
Something to be said for living in the middle instead of on the edge> ;D
Mick

Logging logginglogging

They never used those around here, we had small bales in the 70's and 80s and then eventually they went to large round bales in the early 90's

Thank You Sponsors!