iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going south---no!---east---no!---north----no!......

Started by Faron, September 21, 2006, 11:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Chris and I haven't been away for quite a while, so this fall we're making a little tour.  Started out going to the Kentucky Wood Expo in Madisonville KY.  We enjoyed the exhibits and got to visit with Part_Timer and Katy,  Modat and Miss Moose, and Bib and Mary.  Had a fine time, and learned lots.
We made a little trip up to Clingman's Dome, highest point in Tennessee, in The Great Smoky Mountains.

Next we headed for Greensboro NC for an evening of PBR bullriding.  We caught a ride with Renaldo, a local cabdriver, in his shiny new black Lincoln Towncar, and were delivered at the back entrance to the stadium, where the riders and officials were arriving.  We had great seats and watched a terrific show.  Ultimately a young man named Rocky McDonald won the event.

Ross Coleman finishes third on this ride on Mudslinger
Made a phone call, and found Renaldo was already waiting for us at the curb.  He whisked us in his Towncar, and eight minutes later we were in the hotel.    8) 8) 8) 8)
Monday found us on the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp.  We had set up a meeting with a man named Bob to see his Logosol 260 planer.  Bob showed me a great deal on the operation and potential of that machine.  I think I can see a future for this machine in our operation.  Thanks Bob!

And then it was off to the Grand Banks.  One of our customers played a major role in moving the Hattaras Lighthouse.  I can tell they are very proud of this achievement  :o      More news and pictures to follow.  We are  currently near Gettysburg, PA, and will tour the battlefield tomorrow.                                                                   
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

sprucebunny

Sounds like a great trip, so far.

I've been down the Great Dismal Swamp canal. A fascinating piece of history. The grape vines grow out over the water and we would bump them with the mast to get the grapes ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Looks like a grand time Foran. I've been down through the Smoky Mountains on the ParkWay and I was up on the peek of her as well. Something close to 6800 feet ASL up a narrow path from the parking lot. I actually felt dizzy on the parking lot and wasn't about to climb up no narrow path. :D

Sprucebunny, do you have wild grapes down your way. We also have wild ones along the river just to the south of me. They aren't quite this far up the river. Oh, and the folks were down in your kneck of the woods and stayed at the Mount Washington Hotel and was by Crawford Notch. Interested in anything Crawford 'cause that's the family name. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Sure sounds like a cool trip! 8)
Been waaay to long since I've been to the Smokey Mountains.

Faron

Here is a view of the Atlantic from Kitty Hawk.  I'd never been to the ocean.  Ponds don't come up out of the banks after you where I come from. ::)

Chris in front of the Cape Hattaras Lighthouse.  In 1999 this lighthouse was moved back 1600 feet.  We supply wedges to a company that was one of the key outfits in this move.  I had to see it on that account.  This is the tallest brick lighthouse in the world, and I believe the tallest of any kind in the U.S.  I will size up a few more pictures and try to catch up.

Of course we visited the Wright Brothers Memorial while on the Outer Banks. It is really amazing that in 66 years man went from this first flight to landing on the moon.

Little known historical fact:  Orville know a good thing when he saw it. ;)

You don't suppose...?

Then off to Gettysburg, PA through Richmond VA.  After spending a day there taking a four hour tour, I'd recommend it to everyone,and especially younger folks. It is a very moving experience, to say the least.

This is a view from Little Roundtop into The Valley of Death, where many Confederate soldiers perished.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

UNCLEBUCK

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

pigman

Yep that's my place ;) The picture on the sign was taken when I still had hair.
Bob the liar
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!