iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T J 225

Started by J_T, March 12, 2008, 11:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

I think this may been hashed out already but I can't find it  ??? ::) Today I was pulling tree tops way to big for a 225 but non the less :'( That castle nut at some point on the shaft for the brake drum had came off parts went every where  :o Looks like there is a chunk you could unbolt and remove the whole thing  ??? I think it has an oil seal in it that is leaking  ??? any one got a break down on this thing  ??? Don't want to unbolt it and have parts or barings fall places I never been before an don't want to go  :D
Jim Holloway

a old timberjack

i do have a breakdown, but no clue how to get it to you.. dont be scared to take it apart. nothing is gonna fly out. there is a collar the break drum assembly sits on a collar and there is a seal behind it very simple.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

J_T

Thanks  8)Went over to the woods took it apart  8) Was doing good wanted a closer look at the barring that stayed on the shaft an gear gave it a little tug  :'( Found all them little rollers except one  ::) ??? Wonder if I can pull the pto gear an see inside the transfer case  ??? Old tj can you email that break down  ???
Jim Holloway

a old timberjack

i would love to but it is in my repair manual. i dont have the ability toscan it or other. i do know you can get it at the john deere book store.com.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

MaineLogger

Are you saying just the drum fell off?If so you can change the seal and put a speedy sleeve on the drum if you need to and put it back together with a new castle nut and codder pin.     
If you think something is broke inside of the transfer you should take the transfer out and fix it.There is no room in the bottom of the case for extra parts the bottom gears will pick it up and split the case.
Good Luck!
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

J_T

Thanks  8) Today I took a large magnet and drug over the ground an beleve it or not I found it  ;D Didn't mind not having it just needed to know that it wasn't in the case  8) When it gets dryer I got all new parts to put it back together
Jim Holloway

Thank You Sponsors!