iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw boots?

Started by gman98, May 08, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Quote from: barbender on January 09, 2018, 03:10:04 PM
Well, update on this issue- I contacted Haix's customer service department with the issue about the sole separation, and they responded that they were going to do a courtesy replacement with a new pair of boots. I really wasn't expecting that and I have to give them Kudos for standing behind their product, when they didn't have to (they weren't under warranty anymore). All they asked for were pictures of the boots and the serial#.

Glad they stood behind their product for you.

A word of caution: With almost any boot with a glued-on sole, it's important NOT to dry them with high heat, like putting your feet up near a camp fire, or leaving your boots near a wood stove to dry. There have been advances in the adhesives, but many of the adhesives used in shoes get brittle after being overheated, which leads to separation when you start wearing and flexing them. I'm not saying that is what happened to you, just something to be aware of.

Also: I've had two pairs of Merrill low-cut hiking shoes where the soles started coming off in less than 6 months of light use. I thought the first ones might have just been a fluke, since I've been using Merrills for years. I bought another pair of the same design, and had the same results. I was about to give up on Merrills for good, when I thought to ask a friend who works for a distributor. He told me there was a period of time where they had problems with their adhesive. He suggested bringing them back to where I bought them to see if Merrill would replace them - they did, with no hassles, and the new ones are still working fine after more than a year of use.

So crap does happen from time to time. It's not a good sign when it does, but the real test is how the manufacturer reacts.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!