iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Radio Controlled Winch

Started by Blue Sky, October 30, 2007, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Sky

I have had a Radio TIR, a Finnish winch since about 1995.  Actually, I have three of them, two for parts  Has anyone out there ever seenone of these or heard about someone who has one.  These little winches store 350 feet of 1/4" stainless steel cable.  Powerful and easy to use. Fabulous for wet land tsi.  I use it in my arborculture business to fetch logs onto my beavertail trailer  and haul home to make lumber out of.    Enchanted Forester

semologger

never heard of them. but would love to have one.

Ed_K

gee, I think it looks like a small fiberglass boat with a snowmobile engine hooked to a winch  ;D. I think Inab talked about a similar machine in his country.
Ed K

RSteiner

I remember seeing them several years ago.  I think they were called Radio Horse or something like that.  They looked like an impressive unit that could pull themselves into the woods.  I had just purchased a Farmi winch for my tractor when I first saw them.  If I remember they were just a tad pricey but I guess when you consider that they were self-contained the price wasn't too bad.

I often wondered what happened to the company.

Randy
Randy

Blue Sky

The Radio Horse and the Radio TIR are two different systems.  The Radio Horse came out of Vt., I think.

NormC

i worked with the Radio-tir in the early '80's and thought it was great for small-scale thinning and salvage.  I'm looking for one or equivalent now.  Suggestions?

Thank You Sponsors!