iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

big job

Started by slider, April 09, 2022, 05:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

20 large oak trees this weekend here.I was at customsawyers project this weekend and could not be with my crew. there is only 2 but they are good but I kept my phone in my pocket all day. all we had to do was drop them with the help of his excavator . I called my guys when I got home and was told ,glad you sent the 500 I with the 36 in bar. I ask how long ,I thought most of the day and was told just over 2 hrs . They made 100 bucks an hr.Most days are not like this and they know but I have good men and take care of them when I can.
al glenn

Magicman

Congrats on having guys that you can trust.  8)  Now you can breath.  :)

It was my pleasure to be able to visit and rehash some of the sawing experiences that we have shared together.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shelby78

Quote from: slider on April 09, 2022, 05:32:42 PM
20 large oak trees this weekend here.I was at customsawyers project this weekend and could not be with my crew. there is only 2 but they are good but I kept my phone in my pocket all day. all we had to do was drop them with the help of his excavator . I called my guys when I got home and was told ,glad you sent the 500 I with the 36 in bar. I ask how long ,I thought most of the day and was told just over 2 hrs . They made 100 bucks an hr.Most days are not like this and they know but I have good men and take care of them when I can.
If I'm reading this right your 2 guys dropped 20 large trees for $200 and you thought it would take longer? Prices sure differ from where I am and where you are. You are working too cheap.

Al_Smith

What is considered a large oak ? Around here it would be around 36" and 100 feet high .

Thank You Sponsors!