iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mixing Glyphosate

Started by Treeflea24, April 28, 2022, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otis1

Looks to me like the pics might be out of order, I think bottom one is before and upper is after. Is it Japanese honeysuckle, more like a vine?  

Forb layer looks like mayapple.

wisconsitom

Thanks Otis 1, mayapple...just had brain freeze, actually fairly common in these parts.

I think maybe you got the right explaino on both fronts-that photos are reversed, and that it's a vining honeysuckle type that has been targeted.👍
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Treeflea24

Quote from: Otis1 on May 25, 2022, 06:40:33 PM
Looks to me like the pics might be out of order, I think bottom one is before and upper is after. Is it Japanese honeysuckle, more like a vine?  

Forb layer looks like mayapple.
Otis has it right on the pics being out of order. The honeysuckle is indeed bush honeysuckle, just young. Mayapple is also correct. I was glad to see that much of it survived the spraying, I did my best to avoid hitting it, and the other natives. Sorry for the confusion, I'll edit the post with the pics to put them in order and date them.
-

petefrom bearswamp

Looks almost like the pics are the same spot taken moments apart except the ground cover is different..
Dogs are in nearly the same location, how did you manage that?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Treeflea24

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on May 27, 2022, 06:32:24 AM
 how did you manage that?
I have an app on the phone that lets me show a semi-transparent previous photo when Im lining up the 'after' photo. I managed to find the same place I stood for the 'before' photo. after a few tries I got it to match up.
As for the dogs being in the same spots - that was just chance. I was pretty excited that it worked out that way.
-

Quercusrubrum

Quote from: PoginyHill on April 29, 2022, 09:38:07 AM
For stump application and mixed with diesel, what is the proper ratio? I've been using 1/2-1/2. Is that too rich?
By stump application do you mean cut stump or uncut stem? If the stem is cut, no diesel is necessary. Just mix with water. In any case, 50-50 is fine in that case. Read the label, of course, but I believe that is what it is rated for.

Never cross a river that is 4 feet deep on average.

Thank You Sponsors!