iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The virus in Texas (courtesy of Wild Bill, modified)

Started by Texas Ranger, July 20, 2020, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

***POLK COUNTY VISITOR'S ALERT****
FYI: For anyone wanting to visit Polk County! Numbers are rising everyday here right now with COVID cases. We watch in horror as the rest of the state spikes and wonder how long before it gets worse here.
So if you plan on vacationing at our rivers, lakes or in our Forest this summer, I think you should know that red ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to a wetter than usual spring.
Wild boar have eaten all domesticated animals and some smaller people.
The snakes have  overtaken all yards and grassy areas.
We have had alligator sightings at every park and town.
We have Bigfoots INVADING OUR PARKS.
Ticks are size of dinner plates.
Skunks have made their way here and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs.
Murder hornets!?! We've got LOADS of murder hornets.
And I'm pretty sure all private tiger owners have released them into the streets of our towns.
Head lice now fly... right beside the bats.
So stay where you are, in your own province, state or county where it's safe!
Seriously, PLEASE DO NOT COME HERE... ? ?
and we also have NO TOILET PAPER!!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

goose63

DanG I want to come down there pig hunting but not if you have no toilet paper :o     
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Sedgehammer

It's k. I'll bring some. Bring shotgun too, sounds like lots of target practicin on them thar there murderin hornets.
Necessity is the engine of drive

Old Greenhorn

What no Zombie attacks? :D
I know the feeling. Our tourist season seems unabated and people come into our area and make a mess, complain about restrictions, and empty our food stores. I won't stop at out convenience store on Friday through Sunday evening if I can avoid it. Too many outsiders with no clue.
 There is a great video on you tube of a song I like. I can't post a link here because of one word in there which does not comply with forum rules, but if you go there and search for "stay the ---- at home", you should find it.
 Folks need to use common sense and this will get much better, but...
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sixacresand

We started Church up again the first Sunday in July and have now shut it down again as a precaution due to several members testing + for the virus.  They all got tested because of extreme fatigue, not because of having a fever.   All got over the symptoms in a day or two.  Just an observations, people don't seem to be afraid of the virus at wally world, grocery stores. and box stores.  And the virus was a non issue with the media during the recent protests and riots.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

K-Guy

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 20, 2020, 09:59:44 AMSkunks have made their way here and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs.

I thought you guys just smelled that way.  say_what  smiley_blue_bounce
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Southside

Read an article about the flooding down there that came from the melting snow recently, absolutely horrible.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: Southside on July 20, 2020, 04:43:12 PM
Read an article about the flooding down there that came from the melting snow recently, absolutely horrible.  ;D
Well, the news media always checks it's facts and never fibs :(, so that snow melt must be true!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

GAB

Texas Ranger:
You make no mention of speed bumps (ie road killed armadillos).
Are they extinct in your area?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: GAB on July 20, 2020, 07:14:11 PM
Texas Ranger:
GAB
You mean possum on the half shell, tenderized by Michelin, with a side of sweet tators?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

GAB

Quote from: Texas Ranger on July 20, 2020, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: GAB on July 20, 2020, 07:14:11 PM
Texas Ranger:
GAB
You mean possum on the half shell, tenderized by Michelin, with a side of sweet tators?
You do serve it with lots of RED HOT Sauce don't you?
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

gspren

I also heard that your armadillos got leprosy, it must be true cause I heard it at a bar.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Tacotodd

@gspren , it must be true. That's like what you here on the internet, it MUST be true- a FACT. HAHAHAH lol Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

I was also taught about the same thing about the leprosy. I just don't know where, it's on the pads of their feet. Be extremely careful handling and scooting those road bumps out of your way.
Trying harder everyday.

DFILER2

That's crazy Texas Ranger, it's exactly the same up here!

Ed_K

Texas Ranger, you ALMOST made me glad we moved from Tx.  :D ;D :o.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!