iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free e-books about forest management for family needs

Started by andzja, May 12, 2009, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andzja

Hello!

I have one nice holding and forest on it. I am a beginner in forest things and would like to find some handbooks about forest management. What to plant, how and where to cut wood correctly without regrets in future, atc.
I would be very happy for any advised free e-material.
Sorry for my English, I live in Europe, in Latvia and here is really a lot of job to do  :)

Thanks!

samsray

Hi please, i am in Africa i live in Cameroon and will like to attend a forestry university to learn more about forest and wood processing,so please can you be of a help to me and look for me a forestry school that i fulfill my dreams in your area.

thanks it Samsray

Ron Wenrich

Samsray

I'm not too sure what kind of help I can be in finding a forestry school.  I see you're from Cameroon.  I don't know what sort of forests you have, but I bet they're tropical.  Here is a list of forestry schools in the US:  http://www.wvforestry.com/schools.cfm

All of those forestry schools offer very good courses in growing timber.  The schools in the southern and western US have more of a leaning in growing softwoods in plantations.  Those in the northern US lean more to hardwood forests that aren't grown in plantations.  I don't know of any schools in the US that have a course dedicated to tropical forest management.  Have you considered other countries?  Australia has a lot of tropical wood.  I even had a professor that was from Australia who taught in the US. 

As for wood processing, many of the US universities offer courses in wood processing.  The northern states offer much in processing hardwoods.  The information can be used in tropical production.   

Keep on asking questions and we'll try to keep on giving answers.  If you have something a little more specific, we have folks that are pretty good right here on this site.  Don't be a stranger.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!