iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

more saws from the junkyard

Started by loggah, July 16, 2013, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well in the last few months i have added some more saws to the mini-museum, all have come into the scrapyard, probably over a hundred came thru the yard ,but these were ones i didnt have, and dragged homeI did already have a precision bowsaw but you cant have to many of them ,a mcculloch 35 brush saw, a p 11 pioneer ,a skill woodsboss, a mcculloch farm boss, and a Titan model 70 that im holding with no bar, quite a heavy brute with a fairbanks-morse engine. Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

JohnG28

Nice finds! I wish I had a fraction of your collection.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

loggah

I been pretty lucky ,working where people bring these in for scrap price. i try to make sure the guys set them aside so i can at least look them thru before they get thrown into the dirty aluminum container.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

47sawdust

Don,
You have a great collection.I live in central Vermont and would like to come over with an old logger friend.Is your mini-museum open to the public?
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

loggah

Mick, If i know when your coming over , i will try and be around. Don

clww

Really cool finds, Don! :)
Great old iron to look at, and it makes me thankful I don't have to use one of those beasts today. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

bandmiller2

Everyone who works in the woods,especially the young bucks, should be required to spend a day cutting with the old saws it would give them insight and appreciation for the modern saw.Yea build character. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

loggah

Frank, first off they wouldn't do it!! ;D secondly the ones that did would be on workmen's comp !!!  ;D Don

Al_Smith

Yeah I have to agree .Lawd only knows I've got a shed full of antiques but they only get run on a rare occasion .If they start that is which can be hit and miss .

Peter Drouin

Loggah Is that junk yard in camton?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Peter, just up the road from you in Bristol, Gilpatric metal recycling on river road, Bristol,Bridgewater town line !! where my scrap  shear is. I have hauled a bunch of that stuff home so my home in Campton looks like a junkyard !!! ;D ;D Don

woodandtractors

I like what you've done with the place!
Mike
Still plays with tractors-IH of course!

Peter Drouin

We have guys here in sambornton that like to collect stuff too :D :D
I keep that stuff out back in the woods . Only because the barn is full :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!