iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonsered 625 type two

Started by old 030, April 30, 2011, 10:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old 030

just picked up one of these saws, it does run, but looks like it could use a new top end. wanted to see if any other cylinder assy. can be used on this saw, any info would be greatly helpful, thanks

drilldog

check my reply on Husky 372xp

old 030

i'm replying to my own post, just wanted all to know that a husky 272 cylinder will work on these saws. some mods. required, but pretty much a bolt on operation, and yes, they run very well with this set up. also wanted thank drilldog, for alot of extra info

drilldog

you are welcome old 030. it was fun helping. glad to hear everything went good.

SawTroll

Quote from: old 030 on May 14, 2011, 04:02:38 PM
i'm replying to my own post, just wanted all to know that a husky 272 cylinder will work on these saws. some mods. required, but pretty much a bolt on operation, and yes, they run very well with this set up. also wanted thank drilldog, for alot of extra info

Is the 625 carb up to it?
Information collector.

old 030

hi sawtroll, I've still been playing with the saw, seams to have more than enough carb., just used it again yesterday, after making some more cuts with it and making some more minor adjustments on the carb., this saw runs extremely well, and seams to adjust no different from stock, i had to use this carb. because of the built in trigger lock/choke, I'm very happy with the end result, i did go with one heat range cooler sparkplug, again this saw runs excellent, may do the same with my 61, thanks for the input, old 030  

Thank You Sponsors!