iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

395 wetting the bed

Started by OAP, May 08, 2011, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OAP

I but a bigger bar on my 395xp a few weeks ago and adjusted the oiler to suit it but I have noticed that it leeks oil now when its left on shelf. I have had the shorter bar on since and the oiler turned back but it still leeks oil when parked up.
Its not a big deal I know but would like to hear if its something to fix now or let it be ? Thanks for any advice.

sawguy21

Is it more than what would normally drip off the bar and chain?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

OAP

Yep a lot more. I will put up a pic in the morning.

tyb525

Might be leaking out of the case seal, might try tightening the bolts a little.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

05_sprcrw

My 394 liked to leak oil out the vent tube, I pushed it into the little corner that is on the top of the filler cap hole. It stopped the leaking from there, but it was still pooling up. I noticed it only did it after I was done tuning the saw or running it with out cutting. It would sling oil all over the inside of the cover and drip. You would be surprised how much it looks like but it is normal. What I do now is wipe down inside the what I can reach just from flipping the saw over and I have had little to no puddling with those few things.

OAP

Thanks for the replies men and I will try out your suggestions. I have posted some pics of what I'm talking about

05_sprcrw

Looks like it might be sling off, at least that is the way mine looks on the 394. It wouldn't hurt to pull the clutch and check the oilier seal to make sure its still good and then you can tighten the bolts on the oilier again and eliminate that as a possibility. Judging from the location those are my two guesses on whats happening.

OAP

Quote from: 05_sprcrw on May 09, 2011, 01:50:14 PM
Looks like it might be sling off, at least that is the way mine looks on the 394. It wouldn't hurt to pull the clutch and check the oilier seal to make sure its still good and then you can tighten the bolts on the oilier again and eliminate that as a possibility. Judging from the location those are my two guesses on whats happening.
Sounds like a plan thanks .

Southside

Howdy,   My 395 leaks a couple teaspoons after a hard days work with her, it's normal.          Southside

05_sprcrw

Did you ever figure out where it was leaking?

dnash

Does the oil hole on the bar line up with the oil port on the crankcase? If so, maybe some of the oil gets pushed out and around the bar.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

Ironwood

Mine leaks too,....................Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

HolmenTree

My 395 leaks, but with canola oil I use for baroil its not a big deal....cheaper ,cleaner and not sticky like regular baroil.
I keep my saws on a piece of carpet in my truck and shop.

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

OAP

Sorry I have not updated this sooner, the saw has not been worked sense I last posted and at the time I turned the oiler off and left it and that worked.
I brought it with me to a job on Thuesday but I never used it or even put petrol in it and noticed today that its leaking again. It probably got jolted about in the back of the landrover but other than that the oiler was still turned off. I had a better look at it this evening found one loose screw between the bar bolts so I took off the metal part it held in place, cleaned it up and replaced everything. If that dont work I will look under the clutch to check those screws. Its not a major problem at all just a little niggle.
I have tried to post some pics of what I did this evening but the site will not let me because they exceed the memory size. pc_smiley

OAP

Thanks Jeff for helping me out.

05_sprcrw

looks like you got it fixed?  8)

Thank You Sponsors!