iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Knowledge Base

Started by J Beyer, July 21, 2002, 08:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Beyer

Just got done looking through the knowledge base :P  I finally found out how to relieve stress in a log to get straight boards and no thin/thick/thin boards.  Sometimes it pays to do some searching on the site before asking questions. ;D

By the way, the heat index in East Central Wisconsin reached 105 today.  This maybe happens twice a year in these parts.

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Jeff

JB were right wif ya on da heat. Miserable here in Northern MI.

Suppose to get a front through tonight and be better tommorow.  

There is some great stuff in the Knowledge base. Feel free to add to it. Its you guys that make it a real resource! There are a lot of categories there, something for everyone and a place where everyone can share something,
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Eggsander

Yeah, "tropical" MN was earning it's moniker this weekend too.
Finished planing and stacking about noon, went in to have a bite to eat, and couldn't get my butt back outta the chair. Finally gave up and we took the kids into town to the pool.  8)
Swam until the thunder & lightning started
It was time to go home then.  :o
By this morning we've had about 3.5 inches of rain.
Steve

J Beyer

It kind of sucks that it rained. >:( >:( >:(  I was getting used to the idea of not having to cut the grass twice a week.  It looks like it will finally need a trim tomorrow. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

woodman

it rained here tonight the grass needed it will cut it on friday
Jim Cripanuk

DanG

Boy, I thought us Southern types were going to get bragging rights for the summer, after all the whining you Yanks did in the winter time. The heat index has been getting down to 115 or so at night, and I'm having to sleep under a blanket. It's been dry down here, too. We've only had 10 inches of rain in the past week, and, today, I actually drove the truck into the yard, instead of parking it on the road and riding the mower to the house. I'm looking forward to that big puddle of grits to warm my innards, in the morning. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

CHARLIE

It rained so hard the day I left, the weather it was dry...
The sun's so hot I froze to death DanG don't you cry........
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Haytrader

Send me the rain, we are so dry that the grasshoppers are fighten over the last blades of grass...... :-/

Actually, we got a rain (much needed) a couple days ago. Why it was rainin so hard..........I could hardly see the steering wheel.      ;D
Haytrader

Gordon

We also have gotten some much needed rain. The farmers around here that didn't have any irrigation were really close to loosing most of the crop, some are still on the balance point from what I understand. It's worse down state with the sandier soil.

Oh and after I dug the pond larger of course it didn't rain for a couple of weeks and the kids were naming me because I drained their swimming hole. Well thanks to the rain it's finally half full again. Bad part it's quite murky from the dig but it doesnt matter to the kids, it's their swimming hole.  ;)

I'm sort of surprised that more people haven't put things they cook in the knowledge base. U know the things with the different ingredient list. Of how much to use of this and that. Then when it's done you have a good dinner or snack from it. Well to quite simply put it the--recipes. :)

The members that have taken the time to put some fine information it there and it's growing slowly. Thanks for taking the time to write some of the quality posts in there. I know for one I've learned quite a bit from the knowledge base already.

Gordon

Eggsander

That ain't whinin' in the winter, that's relief.  :D
Heard on the news last night that up in Ely (northern non-tropical MN) that in about 50 hours then went from a heat index of 104° to an actual temp of 33°  :o Not that I put much stock in that heat index thing.  ::) I does make it sound a little more impressive though.  :D
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!