iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Jackson lumber harvester

Started by bandmiller2, May 25, 2009, 06:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

I read an artical in pallet enterprises arcives on a jackson mill still with the original owner (30 yo i think) that started life as a Lh Manual rider and in now that its all grown up  ;) is a Lh Full auto with cab and vert edger ill try and find it and post the details  ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

KPT

Ron I took your advice and e-mailed JLH. A gent called me today with a lot of information about the mill. As a matter of fact he said that he spent last weekend cutting lumber on the identicle  mill. Aparently even the Jackson people find this old mill a pleasure to use. Unfortunatly I didn't ask whether his mill was personal, company, or muesum etc. The number turns out to be a seriel No. He had checked the records and found 2 seriel numbers missing; 457 & 458, the latter being mine. He knew that the mill was produced before 1956 and yes they still had parts. Unbelievable! He said that the US Army had purchased several of these units but thought all were Mfd in Wis. and not in Ala as mine. When I bought the saw it came with a single axel heavy duty Army trailer which the seller said had previously been used for a diesel engine. I live near Fort Lewis a large, heavily wooded military reservation. I find it highly probable that this saw my have been bought and surplused by the Govt. Thanks to Jackson Lumber Harvester for the reply. No wonder their company is still a viable US business.
KPT

Thank You Sponsors!