iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Feeding of the deer

Started by thecfarm, December 30, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

No more than 20. And that is a high number. More like a steady 15. Not much snow around here, so can find food.
I try to keep it to about a 50#bag a week. Not a rich man here. ;D
I put out about 3 gallons a night. If 2 comes they make out good, if 20 comes they better eat fast.  :D
Brenda had an operation on her thumb. Might take 6 months to heal.
Then before that she broke a couple ribs. So I have been the dish washer, keep the house clean and cook and all the other duties that is in the house. The outside stuff has really taken a back seat.
She is really one handed. No sweeping the floor the Dr said. No nothing!!!
If you come visit, the house could use a cleaning.  ;D
I've found 2 sheds so far. Just found one the other night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Sorry to hear about Brenda, hope she gets well soon.
The outside work will wait for you, don't worry. ;D
I had no snow to speak of, last night got 4"
They have been eating some of the corn I put out. #40 lb last 10 days'
But, I only have 4 or 5 here, all does. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Ray's camera is broke and the deer run away from cameras. ;D

The new lawn here is all timothy and clover, haven't seen a deer on it. But there has been in the old grassy area where the old barn sat in years past. That grows neck high down there, I bush hog it though.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Wow Ray, I had those duties after PatD broke her arm, but not nearly to the extent nor length of time that you have and will have.  Stay strong my friend.

PatD and I wish Brenda the best with her recovery. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Quote from: beenthere on October 27, 2022, 11:21:07 PM
Small food plot of the buck forage oats thanks to Walnut Beast, they seem to agree with this buck palete.

https://rumble.com/v1q9ffc-buck-eating-forage-oats.html

Seems to be enjoying it, while being alert to any does in the area. Glad to see a few nice bucks showing up in the daytime now.
Today I got out the rototiller and worked up the patch of ground that I planted the forage oats in last year. Had a trail camera there so combined some of the camera video into this one video for kicks. Put out more forage oats along with some other seeds to monitor what might become of the effort. 
Planting food plot 2023
ps thecfarm
Hope that Brenda is doing better now with the thumb healing. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Thumb healing is really done.
She can do house work now.  ;D
I don't mind doing it, but hard to work outside and inside too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Walnut Beast

Looks fantastic! You have a nice system. Now a little rain 

Thank You Sponsors!