iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which size cant hooks are needed with a hydraulic mill? Hookaroons, too?

Started by KenMac, September 09, 2019, 05:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

I have the Logrite 60" peavey, stick it in the ground so I can always find and don't have to bend over to pick it up. I have the small mill size canthook which i just bought and really like to flip cants. I have 3 other wooden cant hooks I take with me. I always give the blue 60" peavey to big guys so they do not break my old wooden handle cant hooks
I take a farm jack with me on all portable jobs. It has saved me numurous times.
Next tool to make is the hook and chain so i can pull those logs over with the clamp.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Larry

Quote from: Stephen1 on September 23, 2019, 08:15:47 PM
I have the Logrite 60" peavey, stick it in the ground so I can always find and don't have to bend over to pick it up.
I made a little something to hold cant hooks.  Takes about 3 strokes of the sledge to set it in the perfect position on a job.  If it saves two steps every time I want a hook, than it saves a lot of steps in a week.

I also have a thing on the mill to hold a cant hook.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Stuart Caruk

My favorite cant hook now is the spare hook that I bought for a 60" logrite cant hook. I added 8' of chainwith a grab hook on the end. When a log is to big or awkward to roll even with the double chain turners on my mill, I slam the hook into the log, extend my Skytrak forks and hook the chain to the carriage. Retract the boom, and the log rolls easily. Much less effort. I rarely use a cant hook by hand any more.

Work smarter not harder...
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Thank You Sponsors!