iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Wet Spring

Started by mills, April 27, 2019, 05:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mills

Don't know about the rest of you boys, but I'm not getting many logs out. >:( >:( >:(
We had almost a week of dry weather back in the middle of March, but it's been raining every few days since. We had almost 5" last week, and another 2" this week. Hillside seeps are running wide open. Even when it does dry out a little the trails are pumping bad and they won't hold up long. After a couple of trips it looked like the skidders tires were creating a wake as they plowed through. Pretty sure skidder trails should be a no wake zone.  :D 
Calling for rain here off and on all this week as well. Shaping up to be another year like the last one.
 >:( >:( >:(

lxskllr

This spring's been normal. Typical rain every so often, and nothing too ridiculous. Hoping it holds up. Last year was hard to deal with. It started raining in spring, and never stopped.

BargeMonkey

Its wet but unfortunately woods still going to get cut. I'm at the point if it's to wet I just keep laying it down, keep the Timbco 1 job ahead of the skidder /slasher. 
 Firewood is what concerns me, it's looking wet just like last yr and I went thru every stick I had, cant wad it up fast enough. 

Autocar

Been wet around here most of last summer, fall, winter , 7 inches this past week  ::)
Bill

livemusic

Last spring wet, this spring worse. Every week, getting 2 inches (or more!). More on the way tonight!
~~~
Bill

Ed_K

We got twice our normal for Apr. I started cutting cull trees in the Maple orchard and had to stop. To much rain :o.an I might melt :(.
Ed K

Firewoodjoe

Soaking up the sun. Her and I both are enjoying it! Makes a guy feel human after days of rain! 😆

Autocar

Here it is May 18 and we got another 4 1/2 inches the other night. No crops have been planted and the next couple of weeks there saying more of the same wet wet wet .
Bill

Cub

Wet is an understatement. All it does is rain. Not many guys working. The ones that are are working high ground. Trucks can't get to wood that wasn't hauled before restrictions. Mud everywhere. Cold. Not many crops planted. Guys that have planted farm lighter soiled high ground. More of the same weather for the next week. Rain and 50 degrees. Depressing to say the least. 

Logger RK

Rain/snow mix coming down this morning. Over a inch of rain yesterday. Hyw postings came off last Wednesday,except for a couple by me. Been working on a motor swap on a Barko 160. But no  shop,so only on decent weather days. I do have a small shop and a buddy that wants his 4 wheeler fixed. Been good weather for that at least. And now we have a few more tv channels,& I see Swamp Logger's are on. Might have to watch it this morning. 

wesdor

Rain again today. Farmers in our area have less than 10% planted. Rain predicted every other day until the end of May!  Some farmers are beginning to talk of no crops getting in this year.  
Also too wet around here to move any trees that are cut down. 

Woodpecker52

Miss. delta blues!!! to much rain Lawd, swamps is full, trees be happy, corn and beans be's few this year. Looks like gwana be Lots of High Cotton planted if  in's the rain just stop long nough. If it be more rains then lots of folks be looking for tariff money if not then lots of pockets turned inside out.
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

mills

Dang, I thought we had it bad here in Kentucky, but listening to the farm report yesterday put it in perspective on what you other guys are dealing with. They said that Ohio has planted less than 10% of normal for this time of year. Indiana and Illinois were somewhere in the 20% range. Don't remember the rest, but all the upper midwest states were way behind. We've actually missed a few here lately that tracked to our north with others tracking to the south. Still wet, but logs are starting to move. Hang in there yall. Surely it will let up before long. 

BargeMonkey

There isnt a bale of hay to be found up here, the last couple hundred we had left this weekend to feed because it was too wet for the farmer to get out in the field to his round bales. 

Plankton

Has certainly been wet. Were in the woods but can only work half this lot right now it's way to wet to get to the back half so we started in the middle and the job is on high dry ground.

Only haying going on is a dairy farm chopping grass.

Thank You Sponsors!