iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ideas needed for removing Christmas trees from pegs - Civic fundraiser

Started by btulloh, November 12, 2018, 05:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

They're a couple of counties over but know their operation well. That is one of Michelle's favorite nurseries, we always stop in when we're over there, good folks.

btulloh

Ready for blast off.  The tree lot opens Friday morning.

Hopefully hard to lose, day or night.  

We'll see how long the paint holds up.  Rattle can, cold weather, not enough time to cure.  

HM126

Ljohnsaw

Nice handle addition.  That looks great!  Where do you buy your candy stripe paint cans? ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

I came late to the party on this one just saw this thread. I wonder how your knew tool is working out for you? When I read the thread I was thinking of suggesting a tree felling bar, but it looks like you may have a more elegant solution. Hope you sell all your trees quickly. I did this with the scouts for many years.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

btulloh

Just to close the loop on this:

The Tree-o-matic 3000 is doing a good job and basically solved the problem - to the degree that it needs to be solved.  It's not possible to make something that works first time, every time, in all situations when used by many different people.  All in all, it's just fine and most people have no trouble.  Many people have thanked me for solving the problem, which is entirely out of character for most of them.   :D

Ten days into it and we've sold 65% of the inventory, which is ahead of our normal pace.  All in spite of funky weather, which has affected both weekends and a few week days.  So all is good.  It will be even more gooder when we sell the last tree and pack up.   8)

It's a good fundraiser for our Ruritan Club and it's a pretty good thing to spend some time down there.

HM126

Don P

Good deal, glad it worked out. We wrapped up our little farmers market fundraiser yesterday. They do trees, wreaths and bunches of holly, which isn't my favorite thing to handle :D. In terms of numbers I think there are probably more wreaths sold than trees.

samandothers

Great solution!

Lots of good help unloading.  It always amazes me that no matter how cold I think it may be there is always a young one that shows up in shorts!

One of Slaughter's tree farms is about 2 miles from our place.  We use to go there and select and cut a tree when our kids were young.

Thank You Sponsors!