iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Alert message confusion

Started by pine, February 13, 2019, 06:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pine

I came back to the computer and there is a red alert message next to my name and the little green tree.  I click on it and I go to the alert page with a icon which looks like Jeff's and a time of 5:29PM or so.  I click on it and end up at Jeff's profile page. ???

I searched on "alert" and end up with several videos links; none of which explain what I am seeing.  Has anyone else seen non-alert alerts today or is the world trying to tell me something.

Jeff

You can't click on the alert, you can only click on the tree. If you click on the tree, you will see the alert, which you can then click on.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

WLC

I got the same thing just now.  Had the alert, clicked on the tree and there was no message, only Jeffs profile page when I clicked.  Or, did I miss something??
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Jeff

Its because you are clicking on the little avatar picture and not the text. Do you see text that says "A Call to members"?   Click on that. :)

Southside

Ok. Well disregard the PM as I just came across this, but no I don't see the "A call to members" I tried a screenshot but can't seem to upload that to show you what I am seeing.

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Sounds like the member wide alert malfunctioned for some. It was made to direct everyone to the topic about the coleman veterans memorial.

WLC

Only thing that was in the alert box other than your profile pic was a yellow triangle.  No message or link.  
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

rjwoelk

Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jeff

I know. I figured it at some point in the almost 100 pms i had to answer to so far.

Brad_bb

When I logged in just now(first time today) there was an Alert from Jeff, but there was nothing there?  Anybody else see that or know what it was about?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Ljohnsaw

It was a test that didn't work.  There are a few other threads on it...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

PA_Walnut

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln