The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: here we go again  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Nebraska

• Senior Member x2
  • Lurked for quite a while, learning !
    • Share Post
Re: here we go again
« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2021, 02:48:08 PM »
Mike don't tell..... Spike's making 💰..... ;)

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2021, 03:24:58 PM »
Oh right right.. Sorry.  I'll zip my lip.  

Throwaway society ftw. 
Proverbs 19:11

Offline Real1shepherd

• Share Post
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2021, 03:54:29 PM »
Bob has a very significant collection of old Jonsered saws. He has never thumbed his nose at those folks using older saws....he quite enjoys using them himself and has many videos out there with them.

In the spirit of fairness, he's in the small engine business and sells new saws. That doesn't make him greedy, unapproachable or 'rich' by any means. He also keeps us up to date on what's new in Husky saws....don't pith him off, as I like him and rather enjoy him being here.;D

If he's making good $$ now because of COVID madness....more power to him. He didn't set out to profit from COVID.....like so many scoundrels have.

Kevin

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
    • Woodsman Forest Products
« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
Kevin, I am quite sure Nebraska meant a lot less than no harm in that comment. I drive past Spike's shop 4 to 6 times a week these days as I head up to the cutting grounds an I don't see a lot of folks standing in line outside with bags of money waiting their turn to unload it. :D 
 Mostly what I see are folks coming and going with working equipment trying to make a living, that is on the days I drive by and he is open. I usually pass by a couple of hours before he opens and come home after they close. I also know that business folks like Spike have been severely hampered by the lack of supply from the factory. Very frustrating to have buyers begging and no source of product. Having on open store and nothing on the shelves does not exactly keep the money rolling in.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I am the woodcutter now.
I can work with wood, but I am NOT a Woodworker, yet.

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2021, 06:09:39 PM »
All in jest guys.  No disrespect intended. 
Proverbs 19:11

Online Spike60

• Share Post
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2021, 08:38:54 PM »
Everything's cool men. No offence taken by me to anything that was said by anyone, but thanks for the backup anyway. Yeah, we're selling a lot of new saws these days. We've been a little more resourceful at keeping them in stock than most dealers. So, part of it is folks calling around looking for certain models. But inventory is still tight on some models and I'm not doing any shipping of saws. If I was shipping them all over the country, I wouldn't have anything for my regulars.

As far as the old saws go, we're about the only shop anywhere around here that will work on the older saws, We've got parts that Husky doesn't even have anymore, and it'r much the same for the Jonnys. We're definitely not one of those "just get a new one" dealers. Lotta experience. Or put another way, old parts and old farts can keep old saws running.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Offline Real1shepherd

• Share Post
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2021, 09:39:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm not saying anyone was battering Bob and I could tell it was tongue in cheek. I just felt obliged to say something. The retailers aren't necessarily getting rich because of COVID. Their profit margin is probably the same on the saws, even if they list for more now.

What could be happening is that you sell everything you have because of false panic/hording. And/or your supply chain is so broken on new products, that you sell everything as soon as it comes in the door. My point was, Bob's got suck....and he's taking care of his people first.

Kevin

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
    • Share Post
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2021, 08:40:05 AM »
. Or put another way, old parts and old farts can keep old saws running.
My motto to a tee .It's not just saws I might add  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter