iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

42 was the low last night and calling for a high around 52 today. Guess I'd better kick it up a notch to get the shop stove going. ;D Yesterday's high was around 62 and I was out cruising for trees and wore a light hoodie and light jacket most of the day. Worked in the shop with jus the hoodie until the activity made me sweat.
 Yup, the seasons are changing, can't stop it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jim_Rogers

TV weather said it was 39° here in NC this morning and my online weather said the low was 45° in my town. 
TV weather man said this is the lowest reading since last May.
Going to 75 every day this week.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

Looking down the hill this morning, 8 miles west of my cabin, 400' lower elevation.  This was not predicted until Saturday night.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda got my mill head out last week.  Back to back storms coming Wednesday - Saturday.  May have to just get it done tomorrow as that may be my last chance.

The rain Sunday night ended a record dry spell of 212 days without measurable moisture.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Yesterday morning was 46F here and never got above 50F, overcast. Was cutting and hauling firewood. Met a trapper on the road by the bridge the beavers have plugged. He has caught 2 beavers, a big male and a youngster, never got the female yet. He said if he doesn't get her the beavers won't leave.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Darn fat rodents. Are they killing off the forest lol . 
A1

SwampDonkey

Not on my land, along main road. Still 200 acres of corn to come across that bridge. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

41 here this morning, don't think it got much over 60 yesterday with a few patches on sun. More like that today, but should break 60. I gotta finish up the stove work in the shop and get that back online, then I should go do some cutting. Not making any money doing maintenance.
 The beavers have done some real damage in the area I am cutting now and I have salvaged some mushroom logs from those trees before they die. They have girdled a lot of trees and killed them. But I don't see any active sign of them now. Either they moved on or the new landowner 'discouraged them'.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

HemlockKing

Gonna be in the 50s today. Should of had a frost to kill of these flies by now. I have had it with flys. They are EVERYWHERE OUTSIDE 
A1

SwampDonkey

No flies here since before the rain. Today is wet with showers to. This morning I got a load of firewood in and the DOT is working on the bridge so I called it a day. ;D

goose63

81 yesterday 53 to day might get some mix snow and rain tomorrow
8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

I did go back for more firewood after dinner and they had the dam all cleared and the water drained from the pond.

goose63

Low 40s rain all day no snow
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Intermittent showers here all week. Yesterday was interesting, a fine rain at times yet my clothes never got wet gathering firewood. ;D

Old Greenhorn

52 here this morning and still full dark before 7am. The temp will warm above 60 for today then start a downward trend for the forseeable next few days. It's inevitable. Some slight chances of rain, but I expect it will be in the form of light passing showers. We are back to that overcast junk that I hate so much.
 Yesterday turned into a beautiful day and nearly hit 70, probably one last time. I even opened the shop doors to clear the air, I should have done a full sweep. I am hoping for a light winter, I could use one.

SwampDonkey

54F here this morning and showers/mist. ;D

Ljohnsaw

First storm came through during the night so in the last 8 hours or so, just over 1" of rain.  Forecasted break in about an hour.  Next big one on Sunday/Monday with another 2 or 3" predicted.
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Turned sunny here this afternoon. Was out on the woodlot and checked out the lean to. The bears have been busy pulling tarps. Lugged one competely off, never found it. Even moved the shovel about 100 feet and dropped it on a trail. :D I went deeper into the woods and tied a stick up into a tree near where I see deer tracks on one of the trails. We'll see if there is a buck around or if that even works on local deer, to entice a scrape. ;) Walked back to the lean to and a grouse flushed right beside it. He musta hopped down out of a fir tree where he was keeping dry. ;D

Ljohnsaw

We are on tap for a major rain event starting Sunday morning, dropping 1/4 - 1/3 inch per hour all day long and into the night.  Then, up in the Sierras, turning to snow late Sunday and continuing into Monday.  The National New (CBS) closed the newscast saying up to 13 FEET :o of snow will fall in the Sierras.  I'm thinking, what?  That forecast sure changed from last night.  So then the local News (NBC) comes on and says the upper elevations will see between 2 and 3 feet. ::)
John Sawicky

SwampDonkey

The big networks like to inflate the numbers, where as the small local news rooms tell it with some accuracy. :D

thecfarm

No rain this morning. Last two has been wet. I have 36°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on October 23, 2021, 05:29:26 AM
No rain this morning. Last two has been wet. I have 36°.
Wow! I couldn’t believe it so I looked at my radar map myself, fair enough just hundred or 2 miles away big difference from here, 60F, we can thank the winds off the ocean for that!

NFLD is warmer than some southern states right now https://www.ventusky.com/?p=33.5;-81.8;5&l=temperature-2m
A1

SwampDonkey

42F here this morning, rain expected sometime and into Sunday morning. ;D

Chuck White

Woke up to our first frost this morning, only 28°F, and everythings white!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

HemlockKing

Dang wish we had a frost, another mild but sunny day I bet the cluster flys can't wait to start once the sun warms em up
A1

petefrom bearswamp

Not even close to a first frost here yet
Lowest temp so far 34f
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!