iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oleo Mac 240, does anyone have experience with them?

Started by Black_Viking, February 22, 2021, 02:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_Viking

Hello all! 
I may have an opportunity to purchase these chainsaws. It looks to be two clones of the Oleo Mac 240, and the saw in the back I don't recognise. 
Does anyone have any experience with these saws or have information on them? The Googles are not telling me much.
If i can make one good saw out of these two, is it worth it? 
Thank you very much for your time!

sawguy21

The two in the front were made by Quadra Manufacturing in Vancouver BC. They were marketed under a number of different names, I have a Husqvarna 35 which is my go to saw for camping and light use. Reliable and easy to work on. The one in the back looks like a McCulloch 300 series which I won't touch.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Black_Viking

Thanks very much for a quick answer! I will definitely try my best to get them, the McCulloch is coming with me anyway, so I'll fix her up and try to sell it again. From the ones in front I should be able to make at least one working saw. 
What do you have against the McCulloch, is it a bad saw, or unreliable?
I've only last week picked up my first chainsaws, a couple of Husqvarna's and a chinese thing which were sold as broken. I got them all running luckily, but looking to expand my fleet of good quality saws and sell off the less interesting ones to get a bit of my investment back.

Thank You Sponsors!