iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Built a Roll Cage with Sweeps for my Kubota M5640

Started by g_man, September 30, 2021, 01:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

It's pretty self explanatory I guess.
The grill guard is a 1/4" angle frame around the original with a 3/8" plate on the bottom. The 2" receiver bolts into the tractor frame. The top is made from 2" by 3/16" square tubing. There is a link below to my "Roll Cage" picture gallery with some in process pics if you are interested.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10331

gg

beenthere

Looks great. Hopefully no more branches hitting you in the back of the head. Hate when that happens.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

charles mann

Looks good. Iv been thinking of doing the same, but putting expanded steel on the roof, diagonals above the hood and a little on the sides. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

mike_belben

excellent.  

i have the tube and the bender/dies, but i keep thinking the tractor fairy will slip a 4wd under my pillow one night, and i shouldnt waste it on a 50 yr old 2wd 2 cylinder.
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

47sawdust

Very nice Gordon.
I especially like the front bumper.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Oliver05262

Like Mike , I'm hoping to find a 4WD tractor to replace my JD 2030 2WD. Then I want to build a cage and sweeps to keep the limbs from wrecking the tractor and me. I'm saving a piece of 1/2" lexan for the roof (old windshield from a 546 Valmet forwarder).
 Can't really call it a ROPS because the structural steel tubing would collapse too easily, but it would work to keep from being knocked in the head and face when mowing overgrown fields and such.
 Nice work. The screen on the front will save the front sheet metal and plastic. I fixed up a customer's Kubota L3410 last spring and the owner bought about a thousand dollars worth of parts just to replace damaged, bent, and broken goodies.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

g_man

Thanks all.

A roof is definitely in the plan. 

:)

Rear and side protection too now that I have something to build off of.

gg

Walnut Beast

Walnut Beast

thecfarm

A very nice job you did. Add some lights up high too!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

The ones i just got are $36 for 6 on ebay.. Will make daylight if you had then going all directions up top. 

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!