iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mécalac!

Started by Satamax, October 07, 2021, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

I was talking about that "French" thing, in a discussion about diggers and other equipment. A fair while ago.  I'd be keen to get a wheeled one. 

MECALAC 10MCR DOES IT ALL! EXCAVATOR-SKIDSTEER-FORKLIFT-LOGGING - YouTube

Mecalac 11MWR - Mobilbagger mit Seilwinde und Rückewagen/Rückeanhänger für Forstwirtschaft - YouTube

Bomen rooien met de Mecalac 15MWR - YouTube

Chains, grapple, winch, plus grapple.  :D 

Mecalac 9MWR - Mobilbagger mit 9t Anhängelast - YouTube

An old one, with a cone splitter. 

Ok, not that fast. 

Baggerspalter am Mecalac 11 cxi - YouTube

Or this one at 30 seconds, with the rock splitter! 

Fendage de bois mecalac - YouTube

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

stavebuyer

Tracks are way over-rated.  ;D

Riwaka

A forestry version of the Mecalac 12 MTX 6x6 bigfoot would be cool and expensive. Bit more stability and traction.

Mecalac 12MTX Greenjob 6x6 BIGFOOT - YouTube

The euro approach to have a wheeled machine so big you don't need to move it much when on the job.

Volvo EW240 and wood cracker
Volvo EW240EMH Material Handler im Forsteinsatz mit Baumschere. - YouTube

The Asian approach of having tracks and wheels. Maybe if on a site with a lot of steel in the ground, that could puncture tires.

JG100ZL Wheel Crawler Excavator with log grapple for Forestry - YouTube

Satamax

That track and wheels thing is weird. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Ianab

Quote from: Satamax on October 08, 2021, 02:12:13 AM
That track and wheels thing is weird.
Reminds me of the machines the railways use. Like a normal excavator, but with drop down train wheels at each end. So it can scoot along the rail lines at a decent speed with the hydraulic powered rail wheels, but lift them up and work on normal tracks when needed at a track washout etc.  
I'm guessing it's so you have the speed of wheels, but the low ground pressure of tracks when needed?
Problem is the cost, you have to pay for both systems. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Satamax

Hi Ianab.

I just saw a Mécalac (the name of the workshop building those, mécanique du lac, next  to Annecy's lake, in the  French alps. )

With the rail wheels. Pelle Mecalac - Type 8CX RR - n°12404 - Pelle d'occasion aux enchères - Agorastore

A small 8 ton like that would do me i think.

HandyAndy

Quote from: Riwaka on October 07, 2021, 07:00:14 PM
A forestry version of the Mecalac 12 MTX 6x6 bigfoot would be cool and expensive. Bit more stability and traction.

Mecalac 12MTX Greenjob 6x6 BIGFOOT - YouTube
It's like an excavator crossed with a harvester, retaining the harvester wheelbase and the full rotation of the excavator. Rubber tires and rubber tracks being somewhat cheaper and quicker to replace than steel tracks (generally, but less durable) makes for less re-investment for companies that don't keep their machines long. Sell at 4000, 6000 hours when the tread and/or undercarrige/suspension wears down- look at what equipment rental companies do, send it to auction rather than perform the needed costly replacements/other deferred scheduled maintenance. By then the machine will have paid for itself with rental contracts and whatever auction proceeds are just down payment on the next piece of equipment or profit. And write off any losses for tax purposes.
Excavtors are slowly getting more attachments for them, it makes sense to redesign the machine itself to become more flexible for a variety of attachment and functions. Look at the ecosystem of attachments for skidsteers now and their wild popularity. All it took was adding additional front hydraulic ports and a standardized quick attachment plate system so that you can use a variety of attachments and sales exploded. 

Thank You Sponsors!