iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reducing wildfire fuel in our spruce

Started by Jeff, October 26, 2021, 07:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Great video. I like little narrow trails like that throughout the woodlot and the wildlife do to. I can tell ya right now, the bears like them trails big time besides the moose. Easier to see the bear tracks with a skiff of snow, but they travel them trails a lot. I have 3 heavily used 'Bear Lanes', one ends in the beaver pond. 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Connection is not the best this morning.  :(
But saw at 4 minutes, that's how the fir is on my land. If leaving it, so I can drive the tractor through it, I saw it up into pieces about 2 feet long or less. Takes time, but gets it on the ground so it will rot and I hope will not try to come up into the tractor. Seem like when the limbs hit the ground and keeps it up in the air, that stuff will last for years. And if the stuff is 2-3 inches across the wood is still hard.
Enjoy your land!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tacotodd

I'm just glad that you were able to make that fat guy "disappear" :D
Trying harder everyday.

Jeff

That fat guy would of been gone one way or another by now. 

HemlockKing

Cut that witches broom out before it takes over! Devastated the spruce on my land. Makes the tree side heavy, those bundles of mistletoe are really heavy! 
A1

Jeff

Mistletoe and witches broom are two different things. Witches broom weighs very little. Lots of air.  I have one hanging in the screen porch I plan on putting some led fairy lights in.

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Had a huge witches broom in an old fir last year. Had to bring it down, near the road and full of ants. I could only use about 1/3 of the wood, because them ants went way up the truck. :D The broom was heavy because it was huge and green. Green fir wood is quite heavy compared to green spruce. You can feel the difference when cutting out trails and leaving tops too small to make firewood. The Christmas tree workers earn every penny they can get sack'n on them all day. :D

Thank You Sponsors!