iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for portable Sawmill service in Western NC

Started by SEMPERFECUNDUS, October 21, 2021, 09:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEMPERFECUNDUS

I just cleared some land in Western NC and have some White and Yellow pine I need milled. About 120 logs, from 8" to 15" diameter cut in 13ft sticks. Would like to get it milled within the next week or so to stack and air dry through the winter. Looking to get beams out of the yellow pine and boards from the white pine for a timber frame shed project.

Property is between Murphy NC and Tennessee border in Cherokee County, NC. Any forum members in that area who might be interested or know of a reliable qualified sawyer with a portable mill?

I would do this myself but I haven't taken delivery yet of my own mill and want this timber milled and stacked before the bugs get to them.

scsmith42

This time of year I would not be worried too much about degrade or bug infestations.

The main time to be concerned is in the summer when the temps are well above 70f.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Patrick NC

I'd be interested but the earliest I could get to it is 11/3. Send me a PM if that works for you.  
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Southside

Friendly reminder on the 5% rule. This could have been tossed into the woodshed for not posting the necessary language in wanted ads, but going to let this stay having faith in our members to do the right thing. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Patrick NC

I have no problem with that if anything comes of it. 👍
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

SEMPERFECUNDUS

Southside, sorry for not including this... I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF POSTING AN AD ON THE FORESTRY FORUM .

WILCO.

Thank You Sponsors!