iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

healmor 400 trouble shooting

Started by 1countryboy, December 07, 2022, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1countryboy

I need some ideas to trouble shoot a Heatmor 400 outdoor furnace.

mine is 20 years old.   Never had any issues and now can NOT get heat to my home.   One pump to my big machinery shop and temp at 75 in the floor.  Works fine.   Other pump to the big old farm home.  Replaced the pump,  purged the water like to eliminate air locks.   Heat from furnace to the pump in the outdoor furnace.  Any ideas?  Will replace the new pump (maybe defective)?   Any ideas 
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

beenthere

Find where the air is trapped, would be my best advice. That's assuming the pump is doing its job of moving water. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

barbender

Start with the pumps and make sure they are both operating, is where I would look first.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Nothing to them Heatmors. I have one since 2007. 
Have you checked water level? Doubt it, but never know. 
Sounds like air or bad pump. I know when I replace a pump, takes a while to get the air out.
I don't do nothing to get the air out, just run the pump.  Takes a few minutes.
Can you hear the pump run? Put a screw driver on it and the other end on your ear.
Could swap pumps. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loghorse

when you charge the line to a building burpthat way then put hose on burp end and burp at other end.beleave it  or not there was still air .sorry if you loose some  treated water but you should get hot water and noair bubbles. i have a 200 heatmor,for 20 + yr

1countryboy

Thanks for all the advice.

1. Both pumps are new.  Pump to the farm shop is a closed system.  Antifreeze in the floor and transfer is water to heat exchanger and water to furnace.  That is my check system and working fine.

2.Pump #2 Replaced and new.  Ran the power direct to 110 outlet and disconnected from the relay.   BINGO!!  pump is moving water (hot) thru the pipe to the house and returned to the boiler now.

3.  Issue seems to be in the relay.  Will check tomorrow.

4.   If you need to purge air Disconnect the fresh water fill and plumb below the pump under the output to the house and flush.  Water will return to the boiler.

5.  Still need to figure out the wiring issue (pump to the theromost on back of the furnace that goes to the house).

Any ideas from you guys that have the Heatmor?  

Thanks for the help.  The Heatmor s were both bought in 2002 and work on both farms.   Just no dealers within 3 hours in Western Oh and Eastern W. Va.

Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!