iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

geothermal radiant floor heat

Started by Faron, February 24, 2008, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

I am figuring on installing radiant floor heat in my shop. 4800 square feet.  I am considering hooking it up to a geothermal water to water heat pump.  Due to space limitations, we would have to use vertical wells in a closed loop, use the "slinky" type installation, or drill two wells and use an open loop.   I am also thinking I had just as well set it up so I can have air conditioning in the summer.   Anyone have any of these systems, and how do you like them?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

submarinesailor

Faron,

Check with the Geoexchange people.  Jack DiEnna is the Key Accounts Director.  I have spoken with him many time at various energy shows/conferences – should see him during the week of 14-16 April.  Their web site is www.geoexchange.org.  NOTE:  I checked their site to see if Indiana has any incentives – they have a BUNCH of them, http://geoexchange.us/incentives/incentives_in.htm.

The cost saveings on this type of system can be as high as 65% over a conventional HVAC system.  But remember, there are some up front cost that may surprise you.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!