iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just bought an I.H. s8 skidder help!

Started by gj, November 13, 2010, 05:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gj

I just bought an I H s8 cable skidder.  it has a 353 detroit w/ auto trans.  the trans. is very slow to move @ first.  and doesnt react like it should,  sometimes taking awhile to move.  I checked the screen, replaced the filter and checked the oil level.  it is only building 50 to 100 psi.  the book says it should run 150 to 170. is the trans. shot?  does anyone know anything about the I. H. skidders?

BCtimber

Probably has a charge pump on the torque.  Might be it.  I have had it be the problem on my 666b clarke before.

gj

was the pump on your clark part of the tranny?  from what i gather there is a gear pump inside the transmission and a seperate pump on the front of the machine for the blade, etc.  how big a job was it to change?  thanks

BCtimber

On mine there was one on the back of the torque for hydraulics and one for the transmission.  (lol as I recall anyway I sold that one four years ago)

sandhills

Never been around skidders but it sounds to me like the torque converter is a little weak.  Does it react better after the oil has had a chance to warm up? 

Thank You Sponsors!