iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saws

Started by WineandWood, May 14, 2012, 11:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WineandWood

Just Picked up a Stihl 441 and 290 used today for what I thought to be a good deal.  I needed the stihl to fit a ripsaw I picked up used.  What are the genral opinions of these saws?  I already have a Husqvarna 372.  The Stihl is basically the same size.  I was thinking of either selling the 372 or hooking the 441 up to the ripsaw and leaving it and using the 372 saw for chainsaw  stuff.  What would be the best options?

ladylake

I'd put the 441 on the ripsaw, I think it's a strato saw and will be a lot easyier on gas, if you have a lot of sawing to do I'd hire a portable band saw or buy a small push along mill.  Chainsaw mills use a lot of gas, make a lot of sawdust and wear out a saw fast.  Make sure it's tuned rich for milling.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!