Sponsors:

Office views

Started by Ken, August 22, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

This will be my office window for the next 3 weeks-

Too many irons in the fire

Mountaynman

Back cuttin for a bit bud for me its sittin and spinnin in the logyard after gettin done with the roadbuildin have to see if my woman can get some pics on here pretty busy 15-20 inbounds out of the woods and about the same for outbounds can be quite a site with sometimes 8 or more cranes swingin wood with the selfloaders stay safe my friend
Semi Retired too old and fat to wade thru waist deep snow hand choppin anymore

newoodguy78

Uh oh barbender is that the machine you got your username from? :D :D 
Enjoy the seat time looks a lot warmer on the inside of the glass than the outside. 

barbender

I didn't get my username from a harvester but they definitely give "street cred" when you have a pile of mangled Oregons in the bed of your truck😂

treemuncher

Finished up the tornado job from post #268. My customers salvage all of the big wood that they could. I mulched all the stumps and the rest of the junk as well as gave it a good thinning. It was nice to work close to the river for a while. Here is the near finished product as I was making my finish cuts and erasing my tracks:

TreeMuncher.com  Where only the chosen remain standing

nativewolf

Quote from: barbender on February 07, 2023, 08:53:32 PM
I didn't get my username from a harvester but they definitely give "street cred" when you have a pile of mangled Oregons in the bed of your truck😂

Liking Walnut

Ken

We have made lots of friends the last couple of weeks clearing 40+ acres for a new subdivision in the city.  Been visited by Department of Environment for complaints about cutting too close to a waterway.  Fake news.  Been visited by city officials about noise complaints.  Can't help that.  Been visited by Department of Natural Resources about clearcutting in the city.  Also nothing they could do to stop it as it's private property.  Most of the residential areas surrounding this jobsite had a forest in their backyard for the past 50+ years.  Nobody likes change
Lots of toys for working in the bush

barbender

Out in a tamarack swamp

Maybe I should say, it was a tamarack swamp😊

jimbarry

My office view for 2023

Treecuttermo

Had to get some of these old blades sharpened back up. Not much to do with all the rain we've been getting 

cutterboy

This was my office for today.

Cutter
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Firewoodjoe

We had some nice views this morning. Colors must have been almost 100% in some spots. But it started raining and I bet alot has been knocked off now. One of those many wonders you better enjoy fast. 

SwampDonkey

Woods is pretty much bald up here except for a few protected maples and some aspen groves. Wasn't very great color this year, leaves turned brown. No frost, lots of rain to. Couldn't see any rocks or gravel in the creek for months, water up into the grass. Cut'n firewood right now, thinning out the junk. Just about every aspen has a dead top, lots died and where just dry snags with 3/4 of the stem rotten on ground. Leaving lots of small hardwood (maple, ash) and of course there is all kinds of spruce. Thinned it 18 years ago. Getting some rails from the spruce tops for wet crossings, work great with a brush mat down first. I use some for fence posts in the garden, surprising they last a long time. Been using some posts for 4 years and still solid. They just lay on the ground all fall and winter. Bark left on, the woodpeckers like to look for bark beetles when they are holding the fencing up. There's probably a few hundred in every post, as they are tiny as ground black pepper. :D I'd need to use a flash bulb for a photo in my woods. Having a lot of 40 foot spruce growing close makes it kinda dark. Never see the sun all day. :D Zero undergrowth to. 
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!