iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Office views

Started by Ken, August 22, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

Quote from: Ken on August 22, 2014, 07:09:39 PM
Those of us who work in forestry are often in areas that offer good views.  Let's see them.   

ken has this ever been cut before

SwampDonkey

Coxy, it looks like second growth. But I'd bet twice cut before. Ken can give us the story.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

things look a lot different in another country  :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

Yes here in NB you can go through areas of mostly spruce-fir-pine softwood, then into maple woods, cedar, aspen and then a mix of everything.  :D

And not much real big wood left, it's been all cut the last 3 decades and the older cuts have 8-10" wood, if it's faster stuff like fir and aspen. So you could drive for miles around settled areas and comment on small wood. It's small because it ain't that old. Or so thick it ain't growing much. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ken

[/quote]ken has this ever been cut before
[/quote]

Coxy,

This area was once cleared for farmland.  It then was a Christmas tree plantation that was left unattended.  About 12 years ago the owner did a thinning to reduce the density.  It blew down on July 4th.  The area was nearly 16 acres and produced 1350 m3 (500+ cord) of predominately fir studwood.  Would have been a nice block in another 10 years.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

VT_Forestry

My office is flat as a board, so not too many scenic views down this way...

Log deck on a 32 acre clearcut...it was a little muddy that day but it's dusty now!

Big pine makes the cutter look like a toy

At the end of the day it's always satisfying to pass a load of your logs headed up the road to the mill
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

ed in idaho

Stephen Alford

Great day at the office.  :)
logon

Ken

Quote from: VT_Forestry on September 02, 2014, 11:12:58 AM
My office is flat as a board, so not too many scenic views down this way...

VT_Forestry
Looking at big pines and watching them hit the ground is scenic to me.  Looks like some nice volume in that stand.

Stephen
That picture sure captures the scenic beauty of the island
Lots of toys for working in the bush

timberlinetree

Lots of nice pics! Here are a few more.

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

I HAD to post your picture. That is mighty pretty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

VT_Forestry

Quote from: Ken on September 07, 2014, 02:47:00 PM
VT_Forestry
Looking at big pines and watching them hit the ground is scenic to me.  Looks like some nice volume in that stand.

Ken,

I cruised it at right around 14mbf/ac of pine and it cut out right at 15mbf/ac...I guess they were a little better at utilizing topwood than I figured they would be :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

240b

thanks cfarm could figure that out.. it is actually looking out my kitchen window.

thecfarm

@240b,this will refresh your memory,

I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,then click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

lopet

That's a nice one too.    It almost looks like the end of the world scenario.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

SwampDonkey

A good ending to a fine day.  :)

Autocar

The sun sets are hard to beat they sure are pretty  :)
Bill

David-L

something went wrong with that first try.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

SwampDonkey

The first attempt was missing the closing ] brace in the link. ;)

David-L

Thanks Swamp Donkey, Missed that piece.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Maine372

very nice davidL! I love skidderin' in the snow!

Bert

I do not like skidderin in the snow.! >:(
Saw you tomorrow!

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!