iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade Primitive Hunting Spears

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 14, 2014, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a friend that lives in my county that is a woodworker. Everything he makes is done the primitive way.
Here are a couple of spears he made and his description.
This came from my Facebook page. I do not know any other information on this....just what he posted.
Stuff like this really interest me.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Chewed hamstring. Is that as good as gRITS Poston  food6 sketti_1 smiley_beertoast :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

They look like they'd make quick work of dispatching an old goat. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Beautiful craftsmanship.  Strikes a cord with me, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 14, 2014, 09:14:12 PM
Beautiful craftsmanship.  Strikes a cord with me, too.

Thanks for your reply Danny.....but just you.  :D

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

I've noticed that this type of hunting is growing in popularity.  It now is part of the alternative methods approved in the designated season.  Nice looking work for sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

I really like that stuff too, my 40th birthday present from my wife (she didn't make it  ;D)

The guy that did make it for me just sent a few more arrows a couple weeks ago, can't say I've used it other than just playing around but I love it.  He is a good friend of my stepson and this is the one he made for him

Left Coast Chris

They will definitely maintain authority at the dinner table.......

Very good quality tips and interesting process for attaching.  Thanks for sharing.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd like to be able to make stuff like that......but don't know about chewing Ham String.....
.......unless its Honey Baked Ham String.  :)

drobertson

Sandhills that is a might fine looking long bow!  Maybe to pretty to take out in the brush?  sounds like your builder is a good guy, getting arrows is what has held me back in going traditional.  Making these takes time and talent.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!