iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please help for brush cutter "Stihl FS550"

Started by WildHunter, May 23, 2021, 01:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildHunter

Hi,
I had a problem with my brush cutter "Stihl FS550" and when I opened it for checking I noticed that the blue wire of the throttle cable is cut (see photo) and without a connector and I could not find a terminal to connect it. Can you please help me locate the where I have to connect the blue

wire by providing me with a schematic or a photo. Thank you.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Goes over that terminal, I pulled it out.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Blue plugs into #32 (double terminal), a screw in the side holds the terminal.

Part #30 is the guide, 2 halves.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom King

Let it idle down before you cut it off.  

My FS450K is an older model than yours, that uses the throttle cable to ground out electrical system to cut it off.  It would burn the throttle cable in two, if you didn't let it idle down first.  I'll bet there are many of those sitting around somewhere "because they don't run", with very few hours on them.

That was a common method for smaller string trimmers, but my theory says the coil in these is putting out more juice than the little string trimmers.

SwampDonkey

Depends on who the owner is. :D  lots purchased by homeowners for the camp and some even by young fellers that quit about 3 days after they geared up to go spacing plantations. ;D But yes, there 'was' for a short spell a few being listed online when the 550 was discontinued. Never see them come up at all now on Kiji.ca

I had two 550's over the years, and ran them both over 10 years spacing trees. I did rebuild one though. I actually like the 550 over the newer 560, because it was lighter and same power. I probably cut an extra $200 a week, just because of that fact. Less fatigue. Back for the first year or two they were discontinued you could still get parts at the dealer.

Never did burn out a wire on them two saws, the throttle cable itself is all that ever went out on them, not the wiring.

Thank You Sponsors!