iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercats new skidder

Started by OH logger, July 25, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

The point where the engine gets lowest BSFC (maximum work per unit of fuel) is in my mind where emissions should be frozen.  Reduced economy just means we run the engine for X amount more hours/gallons to complete the job,  Which isnt really in the spirit of "getting off foreign oil" or "reducing tailpipe emissions" as i interpret them.  Just my uneducated opinion
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

teakwood

and they have a real "european style" crane on them or just some sort of swing grapple??

Interesting machine
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Skeans1

The pictures and videos I saw were a swinging grapple like we run out here, but they don't look as heavy built. 

Riwaka

602 Skidder versions Europe 
Charlier Swing boom with winch version
Palfinger crane with 2 cable winches, hydraulic back plate version.

http://www.lescognees.fr/actualite-exposants/1ere-mondiale-602-by-tigercat/

Plain cable 602 looks to do ok
Tigercat 602 Working in Indiana - YouTube 

teakwood

the palfinger crane version looks very good with double drum winch.  What size skidder is that to compare with, i didn't find a weight spec. But with 30.5/32" tires i would guess 15to? 

Skeans1

Just the single drum is 14 tons + version this little machine weighs as much as a forwarder.

OH logger

that video Riwaka put up looks pretty good. powerful machine pullin big hardwood
john

nativewolf

Quote from: Skeans1 on June 04, 2018, 08:27:01 AM
Just the single drum is 14 tons + version this little machine weighs as much as a forwarder.
I'd rather have a forwarder too.  Speaking of which...no luck yet for me.
Liking Walnut

Riwaka

Riwaka

Tigercat's 635G SB band track bogie - swing boom version like the Morgan skidder.

Tigercat Swingboom Skidder, Chile 2020 - YouTube

Kodiakmac

The only way I'll ever get one of them is with a huge government subsidy / grant.  So do you think "fighting-climate-change-by-hiring-skidder-jockeys" will help my grant application get serious consideration? :D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

ehp

Buddy, if you lived in the next prov. to the east you could very well have 3 or 4 of those skidders but here in Ontario Im thinking not much of a chance :D, I live right where TC is built and there is Zero of those skidders here , just way to big for our by law

Riwaka

Tigercat 635 scarifier in Sweden

YouTube

SwampDonkey

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Irving owns one of these for his 200 acre plantations. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

teakwood

Riwaka

kiko

Just venting this morning, will do so on this forum without profanity,  believe me profanity  abounds here this morning. Tigercat has to be the worst machine manufacturer I have ever dealt with. 620D rear axle failure. Parts to repair are unavailable.  There is a replacement that will require days worth of modification to install.  What a joke.

ehp

the woodstock plant is 35 or so minutes from me , skidder plant is in Cambridge so an hour from me . One thing I will say is I went to their head office which is in Brantford to talk about a couple TC skidders up north and I ended up talking to the head guy of TC, he told me everything the guys selling the machines didnot on what was done to the machines , I found him to be a very stand up guy and they must be selling lots of machines cause one of the trucking companies that ships their machines is just around the corner from me and I see alot of new stuff heading done the road

kiko

So here is my TC story.  The first Tcs were built for the southern market. These feller bunches were the best thing we had ever seen.  The cylinders were second to none. The hydraulic oil stayed cool.  Common parts were used across different models. They hardly used parts.  Parts sales are big aspect of the equipment manufacturing business.   IMO Tigercat realised this and also realised that they were not selling many parts.  It started with the cylinders the new and improved cylinders were cheaper made and it shows. On of drive line components with zero parts availability, radiator mounts the size of silver dollars  I guess it is just business and the goal should be to grow any business and increase profits. Again IMO they did this two fold by taking the money out of the machine and forcing complete component replacement on their customers.  I guess I am just disappointed with the direction they took.

mike_belben

Every founder eventually gets replaced with "performance based" stock option executives and their bean counter friends. It'll make ya sick what they do for a new swimming pool or car for the mistress. 
Praise The Lord

ehp

when I moved down here about 12 years ago I put in for a job at Tigercat but never got even a phone call but when I went thru the factory they offered me a job more than once 

Thank You Sponsors!