iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dump trailer ?

Started by Bruno of NH, January 28, 2018, 06:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I now have added firewood to my business and have been using my new 6 x 12 low pro dump to deliver with.
My last dump trailer was over the axle dump.
Is there any thing I can line the bottom of the new trailer with to make the wood slide better ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

thecfarm

Only guessing,I know a fellow with a dump truck that sprays his bed with used cooking oil. He says works great,even for hot top.
You would have to keep it from freezing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Farmtek sells liner material. You have to call to order custom cut pieces. http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=15052&storeId=10001&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=278394
I think it needs to be fastened at the top and left floating so it doesn't buckle in the sun. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

snowstorm

A plastic linner almost all big truck dump trailers have them. Quick silver is one there are others. Liningsinc.com

starmac

I am not sure what size the floor of your trailer is, but we buy the edpm plastic sheets in different sizes and thicknesses. I may be wrong on the edpm designation, but it should be easy to find and a 1/4 in thick piece would more than likely out last you. It comes in different colors, I have found that the white sheets do not do as well in direct sunlight, black seems to last the best.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Don P

I think you're thinking of UHMW poly, the slikum up sheets
EPDM is the waterproof rubber membrane, roofs and pond liners

lopet

What's your floor, checker plate ?
I made a mistake when I built my 6'x 8'x 12' dump trailer, I have used wire mash (forgot what gauge it was, but fairly heavy)
on the sides and the floor, thought it was a good idea to shake out some of the debris. Of course that didn't go very well , duuh.  :D  Then I had some half inch plastic pulled out of my piggy barn which didn't cost me anything put in, but that didn't work either. It didn't stand up to the beating from a 6' drop. If you hand bomb them on you're probably fine, but like I said, it didn't work for me.  For the next season I am going to weld in some two inch pipes, or some turned down angle irons.     
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Corley5

Use it so it gets polished ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

starmac

DonP is right, the uhmw is the designation for what we use, it is the same thing the dump truck liners is. We buy it in 5 x 10 sheets to build fenders and such out of, but it is available in smaller and larger sizes, just cut it with a skill saw.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!