iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

All I got was this...

Started by shelby78, September 03, 2018, 08:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby78

Today started out sawing some pine/spruce to finish off a pergola type outdoor thing for my wife. Did a bit of white oak for my dad also.

Side story here is I started with 9 degree Woodmizer blades in the white oak. They cut very smooth but were fairly slow. I then put on a new 4 degree part way thru the log to compare. The 4's cut quite a bit faster but were very grabby. Cutting with the 4's you could actually get kinda hung up then go fast again. It did produce some waves also with the 4's.

Thought I was done cutting for the day and was going to machine some parts. Dumping the slab waste put me back by the log pile and I saw the walnut crotch I keep forgetting to saw.

Loaded up the crotch on the LT15 wide and went to it. I thought from what I have heard unicorns and leprechauns were going to come out but all I got was this.

Cut them 4 inch thick so could be used on a nice bench gun.

Downstream

Beautiful.  just like Christmas morning when you were a kid!  
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Percy

WOW!! NICE!! Does it stay like that after drying out? That is awesome figure and color!!
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

shelby78

Quote from: Percy on September 03, 2018, 05:48:38 PM
WOW!! NICE!! Does it stay like that after drying out? That is awesome figure and color!!
I'll let you know in 4 years when its dry lol. I have a walnut to cut down tomorrow and should have another crotch and a few logs.  Its nice owning a tree service and getting paid to remove walnut..

dustintheblood

Quote from: shelby78 on September 04, 2018, 08:28:10 PM
Quote from: Percy on September 03, 2018, 05:48:38 PM
WOW!! NICE!! Does it stay like that after drying out? That is awesome figure and color!!
I'll let you know in 4 years when its dry lol. I have a walnut to cut down tomorrow and should have another crotch and a few logs.  Its nice owning a tree service and getting paid to remove walnut..
Cash on both ends.  Now now don't be braggin'    you're making all of us hardworkers jealous!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

CX3

I've sawn several crotches and never seen one like that. Nice
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!