iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log splitter with vertical shaft Honda engine

Started by DaveP, April 18, 2010, 08:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveP

Does anyone know of a way to drain oil from a vertical shaft Honda engine other then to tip the splitter?   Seems that I read something here and can't find it.  I ended up buying a TroyBuilt splitter.  Like everyone says, it is a great macnine.

shinnlinger

I would think an inexpensive drill pump or something similair would allow you to pump oil out of the filler port.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

isawlogs

Y'you'd think they would have put an access hole for the drain plug ...  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

I've gotta look at mine and see how it drains.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

About the only way is to pump the oil out with a suction or turn the whole issue upside down, not an attractive alternative. Have a look at this or something similar.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_390306_390306
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DaveP

The owners book that came with the TroyBilt splitter says to tip the machine to drain the oil.  On closer inspection, I found a drain plug near the bottom of the fill tube.  Problem solved.  The Honda engine manual shows several engines but no drain plug.

nixon

Try this , it's called the liqivac . I've used one for a number of years on small gass engines .
http://www.liquivac.com/
Stihl            044 ,ms 460
Husqvarna.   346xp ,550xp, 562xp
                   372xp ,390xp, 395xp

Thank You Sponsors!