iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TFG Pemberton Project Underway!

Started by bmike, May 15, 2014, 10:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmike

The TFG's community building project in Pemberton, BC is underway. This is a very large frame that will be cut by a  dedicated lead team and a crew of volunteers - highlights are 4) 44' clear span trusses, unique scissor bents, and nearly 60,000 board feet of material. A lead team has been on the ground for a couple of days, and the work got started in earnest yesterday with orientation and layout.

The Village of Pemberton have been incredible partners during the lead up to the main event and will be hosting TFG members in their homes, preparing meals for the crew, and coming out to shovel, paint, stain, and get their hands on some timber tools. 

Follow along on the project blog:

http://tfgpembertonbarn.wordpress.com

And look for updates on the Pemberton Facebook Project Page 

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC
www.mikebeganyi.com

Brucer

I've been following this with a good deal of interest. My friend and customer, Brian, is working on the project and giving me the odd update by phone.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

DLMaine01

Wow! What a great project. I will be following along as well. What a great way to showcase a local farmers market.

scouter Joe

That is a great project and I find it very interesting . Its amazing when like minded folks get together what can be accomplished . All the participants will have a great sense of accomplishment and will have a right to be very proud . I am anxious to see the finished frame . scouter Joe

bmike

Here is a link to a photographer out in Pemberton. He's got some great shots:

Scroll through to follow along!
www.mikebeganyi.com

bmike

Here is a SketchFab model of the current design. This was based on my original concept and made to work with a heavy snow load and the threat of earthquakes by ISL Engineering.

https://skfb.ly/zY8z

www.mikebeganyi.com

bmike

I see my link to the Flickr page of the photographer has gone missing.
Shame, as he is taking some really great shots of the project, and the people.

I have a similar thread going at the TFG forum - if you want to find the link to the images.
www.mikebeganyi.com

beenthere

Am thinking we like to see pics that you have taken and posted in your gallery.

Getting "pointed" to chase other links for the story gets a bit tiring and loses the personal touch from FF member.

The project looks interesting, and hope to see it develop. Likely won't try to chase it down on another forum tho. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bmike

Quote from: beenthere on May 20, 2014, 09:04:33 PM
Am thinking we like to see pics that you have taken and posted in your gallery.

Getting "pointed" to chase other links for the story gets a bit tiring and loses the personal touch from FF member.

The project looks interesting, and hope to see it develop. Likely won't try to chase it down on another forum tho. ;)

They aren't my pics to put in the gallery. Which is why I did not embed them here. Direct linking is the respectful thing to do.

So a link to the blog is OK? But a link to a Flickr feed is not?

10-4

www.mikebeganyi.com

Mooseherder

The blog link on the first post appears to have updated pictures.
The second link on the first post appears to be a Facebook page of the project.
There is a flicker link on that facebook page that has pictures of Rodeo instead of the Barn project. 

bmike

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 20, 2014, 09:14:37 PM
The blog link on the first post appears to have updated pictures.
The second link on the first post appears to be a Facebook page of the project.
There is a flicker link on that facebook page that has pictures of Rodeo instead of the Barn project.

Ahh. I might have pasted in the general feed link, rather than the direct album link.

Rodeo? Yeah, probably. The photog is a local who is doing a bang up job showing the people and the tools and the work being done.

But, this is not my party, so, edit, delete as you see fit.

Onward.
www.mikebeganyi.com

Brucer

I bookmarked the first link that Mike gave in his original post. The site is updated regularly (about 2 days behind real time) so I get to share the excitement as the pieces come together and the frame starts to go up.

Mind you, I'm very interested in this project because I have a customer taking part. It's also the kind of sawing work I like to do :).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

bmike

The lead team reports a very successful project, and the project was featured on a Canadian news show. You can find a link to the short feature on the blog, at this post: http://tfgpembertonbarn.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/shaw-tv-go-sea-to-sky-covers-the-pemberton-downtown-community-barn-raising-2/

Here's a shot of the crew post raising:

www.mikebeganyi.com

Thank You Sponsors!