iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this a scam?

Started by TexasTimbers, March 27, 2007, 08:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I did not go to the website or click any links in the email. Afraid I might get a virus. Why does he keep saying "....only legal" and "...best legal..." ? Here's the email in its entirety:

I have designed a new web page for you. I have not altered your existing site; I have simply created a prototype for your review because I am confident that I can earn your business.

To view your new design, please click here. You will simply be asked for the name of your firm and your email address for confirmation. Please do not hit "respond" to email us because this mailbox is not checked often.

If you have any questions, please email me at dougthomas@onlywebsites.com.

We are the best legal website design company in the nation because we have the lowest development costs, fastest turnaround on designs and the most creative design staff. We will market your website with an attention to detail that the largest legal internet services can't match.

Here are some samples of excellent websites we have built:

A. Pointe Development Companies
B. Home Cow
C. Home Inspection Request
D. Utah Real Estate
E. Red Rate
F. The Digital Link
G. PBSPEO

The only risk is mine. If you are in the market to get your site redesigned - or even a brand new site built from scratch - please give me the opportunity to earn your business. You will be pleased with the results. If you have any questions or concerns, please email or call me at (800) 932-6030.

Sincerely,

Doug Thomas
onlyWebsites
The only websites to count to infinity...twice.

Toll-Free
(800) 932-6030
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

scsmith42

According to the Home Cow web site, their site was designed by a company called "Law Firm Sites Web Design", and they (Law Firm Sites) list Red Rate as a reference.

Looks to me that Mr. Thomas may have spun off of Law Firm Sites - may be worth an e-mail to them to check up on him.

This may explain the "legal" reference in his solicitation mail.

I'll send you a pm with the URL for the law firm site home page.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

whois shows that domain registered to a russian company. I'd get rid of the email and block it.

tcsmpsi

How was it addressed to you?  And, what properties did it show from where it was originated?

I don't remember if I have gotten that same one or not, though I have been sent several similar.  

Personally, I don't jack around with unsolicited incoming email.  The few that make it through.

Weed through (one way or another) about 200 emails a day, and approximately 30 phone calls a day for promo/new products and services.  
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

ronwood

kevjay,

I try the 800 number. I very wary of unsolicted emails. 99.9% of the time I delete them with looking at them.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

TexasTimbers

I blocked it. the reason I even posted it was because I have been snooping around looking for options on having my website redesigned and promoted. I know most of those "We will submit your websiyte to every major search engine and you will make $10,000,000,000 in 30 days" is all balogna.
I was reading a bunch of stuff on how to do it yourself. It all looks too time consuming. I understand the basics of getting indexed in googles database etc (i think). Maybe this critter nabbed my email somehow from that searching. Except that i have not actually inquired of anyone or any company I was just doing google searches and going to a few sites indexed by google.

It's a jungle out there.

farmerdoug

Kevjay,

Why don't you have Jeff B do your redesign.  He does websites and you can even have him put a link to your site on the front page of this site too.  Others have links here and they really have moved up in the google searches because of it.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

scsmith42

Norm - can you tell us more about the "whois" tip that you referenced?  Thx.  Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

Scott whois is the domain registry info system. You can do searches free from many different sites such as network solutions.

I use http://www.arin.net/whois/ for my use.  :)

TexasTimbers

I knew about the whois thing just didn't remember to use it. That's how I rediscovered a couple of months ago who I registered my domain name with :D

Thank You Sponsors!