iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Good thing you have such a light snow load! ;)  Wow!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

mike_belben

ramon how far are you from the ocean?  i see that fellow isnt.  whats that house worth in USD?
Praise The Lord

OntarioAl

i would wonder if it is designed with wind loading in mind
Al
Al Raman

doc henderson

I am sure they will (I hope) finish the walls before the roof, at least the exterior sheathing.  that should sturdy things up.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

gman98

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 18, 2021, 11:41:08 PM
Quote from: gman98 on April 17, 2021, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on March 31, 2021, 10:22:25 PM
Ed, processor prices are NUTS, I could sell my Bells 6000 for 10-20k more than i paid for it because its lower hour and pre-emmisions. Im going to bring that 2040 back, go thru it, ive got a 32' hydraulic elevator already, hang a stupid price tag on it. Im picking up these 2 dozers in a little bit and the less I have to come out of pocket the better 😆.

Barge, you yarding wood with those dozers or just using them to clean up the landing?
The J will stay on my log jobs, want to find a decent root rake for that 6. Quickest way to go broke is to skid wood with a bulldozer.
Good, I was hoping you weren't yarding with them.  Nothing makes a dozer man mean faster than stumps and rocks.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

BargeMonkey

I do everything i can to avoid skidding with a dozer, that last job I cut for Prentice I was STANDING on the dash of my 450G coming out. Bunch of other "big" loggers looked at the job and said... NOPE... 😆 honestly I'm buying those because we get so busy with dirtwork sometimes I cant grab my G, that makes 6 dozers, 3x bigger ones and 3x 450s, hopefully I can get 1 to do log jobs 😆🤷‍♂️ 

BargeMonkey

I KNEW there was wood there..... walked and bought this job today, walk another 50 ft and keep counting trailer loads.... 🤷‍♂️

walking thru countings... another 10... another 12 .. over 400 oak like that. I bet theres 75-100ld of pulpwood 🤷‍♂️
 Anything I can do to help the firewood king..... 😆  I'm talking 6NZ, NEW 5 tier, chrome.... For around here thats banging wood. 
 like ants up the hill, have to stand on top to see the hole i punched in here. Stump 6-8acres and putting in a nice 1+ acre pond.

why i didn't buy one yrs ago 🤷‍♂️
We are 5,000yds behind on topsoil, another screen showed up today just to make topsoil. Have to hang the shutes and make a T, she will make 4 products if you wanted.

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Walnut Beast

Locked and loaded! Nobody taking your trees 😂

Tacotodd

Nah, but knowing Barge from reading, IT'S FOR SNOW SNAKES 😊
Trying harder everyday.

teakwood

Quote from: mike_belben on April 20, 2021, 09:55:20 AM
ramon how far are you from the ocean?  i see that fellow isnt.  whats that house worth in USD?
I'm about 10miles from the ocean but that villa is 1 mile away. from me it's 3h driving to get to this job site. 
which house do you mean? the roof we built is just the Rancho, like the outdoor area beside the pool, the roof is for the new master bedroom/suit for the owner and his wife. i think the third floor will cost around 300k with everthing, new kitchen at the second floor too. In Costa Rica its extremely expensive to construct, because of lack of competition and skilled workers, overpriced materials, taxes, permits,.....

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

ehp

did it snow there Barge cause it sure did here alot 

teakwood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 21, 2021, 01:19:59 AMWe are 5,000yds behind on topsoil, another screen showed up today just to make topsoil

Eric, can you sell the topsoil? for what is it used for?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Southside

Barge - is that the new Mossberg TSI, de-limber?   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Thats for incase ya accidentally step on a firewood kingsnake.

;D
Praise The Lord

Greyhound

mudfarmer

Quote from: ehp on April 21, 2021, 07:47:35 AM
did it snow there Barge cause it sure did here alot
3" here overnight and still coming down. Muddddddy

thecfarm

Nice looking trees!!
Where's all the limbs?   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JJ

Barge, is the slug barrel for the NY bears?

JJ

BargeMonkey

Quote from: teakwood on April 21, 2021, 07:50:43 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 21, 2021, 01:19:59 AMWe are 5,000yds behind on topsoil, another screen showed up today just to make topsoil

Eric, can you sell the topsoil? for what is it used for?
As much as we can make, not even funny the demand for GOOD blended topsoil here, 25-35 bucks a yard. 

BargeMonkey

Is it snowing.... 😆.... 

June, July and August are the only months ive never seen it snow here 🤷‍♂️
 Gaining on it, another 2 days and be off the hill, pushing a mile skid from the way back. 

I dont sweat the firewood king 😆. Bear everywhere right now, not abnormal to see 2-3 in a day. Rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it. The tweakers / crackheads out of Delaware county are getting to be the worst problem right now, alot of places around here getting hit lately. 

doc henderson

just trimmed the ends of my big 4 foot oak.  had to get the skip tooth chain on the 5 foot bar on the 880 (wanted too).  made nice cuts, and put anchor-seal on the fresh cuts.  cut really well, with some bar to spare.

@WDH , what is that pattern in the oak.  I saw it in the other one yesterday as well.  anyone know?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

What kind of Oak is that? Doesn't look like a red. And yeah, those spots?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

I was told it is a burr oak.  I do not know for sure.  we have some pin oak around here.  Most are yard trees so could be many things.  Lets ask @Southside and @Tom the Sawyer .

barbender

Is that Bur Oak? Nice log, whatever it is. On Bur Oak, you will see leaves coming right out of the trunk of the tree. Those little stub branches (WDH will have the correct term, epi...epe... ah I don't know). What I do know is where ever those grow, they leave little pin knots, sometimes holes, that look neat to me. Anyways, maybe that's what made the marks in Doc's log. I've never seen Sapsuckers hit bur oak, but maybe?
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!