iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New poll

Started by Jeff, March 01, 2002, 05:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey ther is a new pole up.

Ron Wenrich is our poll guy, I don't think he will run out of ides anytime soon, but if you have a good suggestion for a poll topic let him know.

8)[size=32]    [/size]"Pole Sittin"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bud Man

No suggestion --just an observation.    I entered  the Front  Forum door and it says I've already voted on March topic-- Must be a glitch cause I haven"t.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Ron Wenrich

Poll results:

There were 67 responses to the poll.  What we have found is that about 60%  has something to do with the forest industry.  Only 24% were landowners.

Now the job is how to attract those landowners and others not associated with the industry to the site.

As for the voting on the new poll, it's a cookie thing.  It takes 2 weeks for your cookie to reset, then you can vote.  Maybe Jeff can explain it better.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Gordon

What happens if you want a snack inbetween the two weeks?
 :D :D :D :D

Gordon

Jeff

Actually we set the duration of the cokie and it might hot nessasarily be two weeks. In fact I set the poll duration on this one for 7 days. Bud Man can you see the new poll options now?

Tom

Ron,

I know it's difficult to ask a question that a multi- answer could be given.  Some Landowners have sawmills, some are foresters, some sawmill owners live in apartments and some are on 500 acres.

I think an open mind must be kept with polls such as these and not place too much credence in them.  Perhaps a series of polls could be compared to account for the misrepresentation.

I'm reminded of the questions asked by the magazine publishers to catagorize their readers.  It puts many readers in a position of having to choose one of several valid answers and the Magazine gets skewed results.

Bud Man

Amen - Tom -  I'm a Jack of many trades and a master of ?- but wear many hats plus a bee veil and have a bald head to prove It  :)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Ron Wenrich

Tom

It is a poll, and not a scientific survey.  Actually, I was kind of surprised that the landowner category was so high and that the loggers were so low.

Sure, you can wear several hats, but how the poll participants recognize themselves is also telling.  I fit into several of the categories myself, but checked the one that is a best fit.  I would imagine most people did the same.

I've been on several different forestry boards, and it has been my experience that landowners are a fairly low portion of the posters.  It may be a large portion of the lurkers, and that is something a poll can reveal.

Cedar Eater

I've been thinking about how to get more landowners here and I might be able to help. I participate on some online hunting forums and many of them are landowners. I could post some links and then I think the word will spread. I assume there's no objection to that, but I'll wait a day for the sake of discussion.
Cedar Eater

Ron Wenrich

Many of us that post to other forums often refer back to this group.  A little user advertising goes a long way.

There are probably a ton of landowner forums.  Hunting would be one, but so would farming, real estate, hiking, etc.  There are a lot of forest users and owners that would mingle well.

Gordon

When it comes to polls, you have to realize that some people answer them to what fits best. There might be alot of overhang for some people. You might be a sawmill owner who drops trees "logger" who owns 100 acres "landowner" who has attended some college classes "forester". Thats a little over board but you get my point.

There are other boards that I post on that I've given the Forestryforum link and have become members here. Alot of people want the knowledge but still can't find the board with so much on the internet. By the traffic thats being generated over the past few months, the "forestryforum is being found. Give it time and they will come.

Gordon

shinglemaker

I don't want the whole world to know how computer illiterate
I am so don't tell every :-/one my question I have to ask, ok?
where's the pole? :-/
 :-/

DanG

HEY SHINGLEMAKIN' GUY!!! Look on the left portion of your post. The bear is holding the pole. :D :D :D

Seriously, though, the p-o-l-l is on the left-hand side of the opening page. Check and be sure your bookmark ("Favorite", for you IE junkies) does not take you directly to one of the individual forums.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Everyone should change thier old bookmark or "Favorites" to www.forestryforum.com

Jeff

Another new poll.  Remember www.forestryforum.com or you can always click on the forum logo to return to our front door.

Jeff

We got a new poll up, but if ya voted on the last one, you will have to wait a day or two. The last poll, I think, was set to expire april 1. So you can vote then. That includes me, accept Ron didnt give me a place to vote 'cept "other" and I aint voten "other"! ;)

Jeff

Not many have voted on the new poll, did you miss it?

Tom

Not Me....... I was on it like "white on rice" 8)

Bud Man

Say's I've allready voted, maybe It'll let me vote in a few days ?

Gordon

Yup my vote is cast. I will never be on any poll.

Gordon

Jeff