iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine pole layout video

Started by CCC4, October 31, 2013, 06:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

A video from yesterday cutting pine poles in clear cut job I am on. Thanks for viewing!   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjUEiZpdYo&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

beenthere

Another good one... thanks for posting. Takes a strong arm to get some of them past dead center, I see.
smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Stephen Alford

Good video CCC4, bet you do not have trouble getting to sleep after a day at that pace.  :D   I notice you do not wear gloves, that must be tough on the paws. Thanks for posting.
logon

GATreeGrower

CCC4

Thank you Men! Much appreciated!

Stephen, if my ears didn't ring so bad when I lay down I would fall right to sleep. LOL! I can't stand gloves really, in the Winter months I wear those real thin "Mechanics" gloves.

GATreeGrower, our buyer which is Sentinnel Industries wants poles to be 8" max on the butt and down to 2 1/2" little end. They used to buy them bigger but anymore they get all fussy if you stick 10" stuff in there. I used to sell them at 8'4 with 8" little ends all the time. Once cut to length, they like those little slick ones, they sharpen both ends with a pencil sharpener like deal and use them as rails for pole fencing.

Thanks again guys!  :)

gologit

Looks good Clint.  Nice lead.  That'll keep your skidder guy happy.
Semi-retired...life is good.

CCC4

GATreeGrower

Lucky...hardly anybody buys small poles around here

Thank You Sponsors!