iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No name bandsaw blades

Started by cloair, January 08, 2008, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloair

Anyone know of any companies that do not put there names on the blades, they are 13' 2" x 1 1/4" .040 thick and 3/4" pitch?  They are for sale and say they are new, but wondering if the name got rubbed off from milling.
Woodmizer Lt 30, Ford 555d Backhoe, JD 450B Dozer

dovetails

don't have a clue, but how much are they and where?
(well gee, someone had to ask!)
1984 wm lt30,ford 3000 w/frt lift,several chain saws, 1953 model 30 Vermeer stump grinder,full wood working shop, log home in the woods what more ya need?

Furby

Well, it's not impossible.
I received a blade from WM a good while back, it was a custom blade as I use a 144" blade and there were no makings of any kind on it.
I'm guessing because it was shorter than their standard blades, it happend to fall between the marks or simply didn't get marked.

Tom

Then there are manufacturer's of bands who buy their stock from a brand company and don't rebrand.  After they get through regrinding and rerolling the bands, there might not be any original brand markings left.

cloair

who would make that thickness with that tooth spacing would be another question, most seem to be .042 or .045 thickness and 7/8 tooth spacing?
Woodmizer Lt 30, Ford 555d Backhoe, JD 450B Dozer

SAW MILLER

There is a company selling .042 x 3/4x 1.25 sterlings for 10 bucks a piece in "American Lumber and Pallet" magazine.They are 13'2'' and I bought 40 of them.They cut fine but not as good as Wood Mizers.There is no name  on the blade.

LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Thank You Sponsors!