iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood trailer update

Started by upnut, January 04, 2022, 05:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

Gathered some pieces up and took them to my brother's well equipped shop, he is a true fabricator/craftsman. We are both tired of hoostering big chunks into the trailer, so we built a lift to assist. He built, I carried wrenches...

Gave it the first field test today on some knarly hard maple, needs a couple tweaks but overall worked very well...

I still have splitter envy...

Couple old guys still burning wood... 8)

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

sublime68charger

Nice Work.

what keeps the battery charged up? or does this run off the Battery of the Kubota?

upnut

A nightly charge in the shop has been sufficient, so far. My energy level and the battery energy level seem to be in tune with each other... :D  There has been discussion about a bigger battery in the Kubota and powering everything from there, just a matter of some wire and connectors. We shall see....

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Hilltop366

Nice, anything to save the back is worth it's weight in gold....well at least copper.

hedgerow

Upnut  Nice looking set up. Its always nice to have a helping hand for those big pieces. I am lucky and have a skid loader with a grapple and a log lift on my homemade splitter to handle those nasty pieces.  

cutterboy

Nice work upnut, from another old man who burns wood.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

1countryboy

I use 2 1000 amp tractor batteries from RKO.  80 dollars each hooked together to power my sprayer on back of my 900.   Recharge on trickle charger and never runout of juice.  Would work well in your application.  
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

doc henderson

I have posted this before but have these Anderson 175-amp fleet connectors on front and back of my truck, log splitter, conveyor and 12K winch.  battery on the log splitter is for electric start, and to keep the conveyor charged.  I could jump my truck off the log splitter or run the conveyor from the truck.  the battery on the conveyor allows it to run independently till the voltage drops.  runs for hours.  I carry cables in the truck to plug fore and aft, and do not need to lift the hood for a jump for me or someone else.  very handy.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: upnut on January 04, 2022, 05:16:36 PM
Couple old guys still burning wood... 8)

Scott B.
Uh huh, old ways are often still the best.   You guys keep it up.  Good on ya.
I've been burning and selling wood for over 25 years and I will as long as I can.
I to have added machines that make it easier with less muscle required.   We make adjustments, but the important thing is we keep on doing it.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Wlmedley

Nice job.I love it when a plan comes together.Old men sometimes have good ideas  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Thank You Sponsors!