iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One Person sawmill..Video...Amazing!

Started by julesfl, December 30, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesfl

Hello, Merry Christmas!
I wanted to share this unbelievable video!  Talk about a mechanical genius!  Enjoy!

http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2014/s4109955.htm

Holmes

Certainly a special person.  Very interesting
Think like a farmer.

Billbob

Great video, Jules!  Goes to show that in order to be intelligent you don't need a 'formal education'  We all know at least one person like this gent who has a creative and inventive mind.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

GAmillworker

Thank the Lord for second chances

Bill Gaiche

This man is a one of a kind. They don't make many like him. To still be working at 85 in strenious job and loving it is amazing. How could anybody not admire a man like him. bg 

oakiemac

Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

fishpharmer

Reminds me of a fella I know in Tallapoosa, GA.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

yarnammurt

This is why I collect all the junk I can. It might lay around for years before I use it, but sooner or later I will use it. And I am to cheap ;D to buy some stuff I like to make it.
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

Jim1611

That was time well spent! Did you guys see the stride he has when walking? He's got more energy than people half his age. Truly he is one outstanding  man. Thanks for posting the video!
"Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."

brianb88

Measure twice, cut once

Swatson

Very impressive.  I hope I,m as spry as he is if I make to his age.
I cant figure out which one I like better: working with wood or making the tools to work with wood.

69bronco

Thanks for posting!! That fellow is something!

lyle niemi

Great post!!! The old fella reminds me of some one I know

scully

Jaw dropping ! The skidder is just over the top !
I bleed orange  .

warina drive

IF you haven't made a mistake you have not made anything,,,,,,,,,,,, I love it

MSSawmill

And I thought building our bandmill was a chore! Awesome!
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

kevin19343

pine

Thank you for the posting.  Not only does it show what a truly inventive person can do but he seems like a really nice individual.  No air of superiority just a good quality person.

Misfit

Quote from: pine on December 31, 2014, 11:30:24 AM
Thank you for the posting.  Not only does it show what a truly inventive person can do but he seems like a really nice individual.  No air of superiority just a good quality person.

I totally agree with you, pine.
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

JustinW_NZ

Quote from: warina drive on December 31, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
IF you haven't made a mistake you have not made anything,,,,,,,,,,,, I love it

so so true  :D
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

hunz

Simply amazing, it's a shame that the whole world isn't filled with men just like him. Who's up for taking a small vacation to Australia to see this guy! I've  always wondered about the outback.....
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

drobertson

No doubt about it, Mr. Ralf Affleck if the spelling is correct, is a man of men.  He brings the ole saying "work smarter, not harder" to a whole new meaning.  Now there's no doubt this ole fellow could work me into the ground and laugh about it :D,  His humility is inspiring, and his work ethic beyond compare.  I just love this guy, and don't even know him,  and I just betcha his wife cooks up a storm!   thanks for sharing this video.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Busy Beaver Lumber

What an inspiration that fellow is to us all. I hope I can still work wood when I am 85
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!