iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kiln Controllers

Started by kderby, March 20, 2007, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kderby

Ok Gang,

Please rattle off a few brands of dry kiln controllers for me.

I am in Oregon and found Lignomat but would like to look at others.

I have a hot water driven 8mbf kiln focusing on custom sawn western softwoods.

I have been fussing with the controls it came with.  I want the capability to switch if they refuse to operate....harumph!

Thank You,

Kendall

Ga_Boy

Call Den or Garett at PC Speciality and order yourself a controler.  You will be in business.
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

flip

I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm thinking about the same thing.  I have an older Ebac LD 3000 the controls are 2 knobs, whoopie.  I wish I had a couple of sensors or something in the kiln to measure RH so that I can adjust my "knobs" as needed.  All I have now is a cheap Radioshack temp./humidity sensor so I guess based on what it says.  I really don't want to spend a fortune and don't need super precise equipment to get my wood close to the 6-8 mark.  I don't do commercial drying or custom work at this time.  What economical options are out there?
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

jim king

http://www.sanjuanindustries.com/kd.asp

This company is near you and will rebuild many types or make new ones.

Don_Lewis

You can make your own wood probes using an ohm meter. There is a table in the dry kiln operators manual for resistance verses MC and Speciies. If you have a meter, you can do it yourself by putting brads in the wood at the same spacing and attaching wires running outside the kilns.

You can be good enough to really spiffy kiln controls from any of the companies that advertise on this site.

Thank You Sponsors!