iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Funny noise, horrible cut.

Started by Dave Shepard, March 06, 2016, 06:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Switched over from sawing some oak trailer decking to cutting pine this afternoon. I had some help, and he put the last sharp Turbo on the mill while I was moving some logs. The saw would hardly cut, was making the worst waves I've ever seen. I thought maybe I had a bad guide roller bearing the way it was making this weird noise. It turns out that the last band in a flat pack can get turned inside out when you take it out of the clip if you aren't used to handling bands.  :D I've never done it before, but at least now I can tell you what happens when somebody else does. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

:D :D :D thanks for the warnig :D  I've done it but, put on inside out,, I mean then the ole double take look, that aint' right,, off and flip,, yea, that would make a wavy cut,, :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bkaimwood

That's funny, Dave!!! Ironically, I read your first two sentences, and was ready to fire away with, "was there smoke?"!!!! Same thing happened to me a couple months ago..I mean exactly... My bet is the band was packed right, and the installer caused the issue. It was the first time anyone other than myself changed a blade, and the last!!! Good news is, it didn't wreck the blade, just cost 5 or 10 minutes....
bk

Chuck White

Been there, done (part of) that!   ::)

Put a reversed one on once and noticed it when I was tensioning the blade wheels!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!