iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

scrap blades??

Started by JamieT, June 28, 2016, 09:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieT

What do yall do with scrap blades? I've got about a 100 that I've accumulated over the years. Can't be sharpened anymore. Taking up space. Thought about taking them to the scrap yard but it would cost more in gas than I'd get for them lol.
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

LittleJohn

...run em til they break!  Then put them in the scrap heap

Chuck White

I wire mine up so they won't open up when handled and hang them on a hook.

There are a couple of kids (young drivers) that will come by periodically and take them to the recycle yard and sell them for whatever the market is that day.

They get a little $$ for gas or whatever, but I don't have to handle them anymore!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishfighter

Know anyone fixing to pour concrete? More steel is always good. ;D

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: fishfighter on June 28, 2016, 01:16:40 PM

Thanks for the idea. I have a couple of old broken bands and I am fixing to pour a footer for a new additional post in my lumber shed for a new shelf I am working on. I know where those 2 bands are going.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

MSSawmill

Find a blacksmith/bladesmith. They make good knife billets
Home-built bandsaw mill
2004 Kubota M110 with LA1301 loader

Kbeitz

Take them to the junkyard and someone like me will pick them up
and use them for another 100 years.... I run them untill they bust
and then I silversolder them back into a band and run them some more.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

dustyhat

Someone on here was weaving them through there woven wire fence. kinda looked med- evil . :D

deepsouth.us

Quote from: fishfighter on June 28, 2016, 01:16:40 PM

Best idea I've heard. I'm pouring piers for my shop in the next few days.
Timberking 2000

Thank You Sponsors!